cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4S to Galaxy Note 3?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should I give up my ipone 4S and go to a Galaxy Note 3 on my next upgrade?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It all depends on what you are looking for in a phone

The screen size difference will be very noticeable lol

Android operating system is very easy to use, not as restricted as iOS which is a plus

Can you tell me what you need in a phone?

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I give up my ipone 4S and go to a Galaxy Note 3 on my next upgrade?

Absolutely, Yes slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol MI5 slight_smile
Message 4 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You'll never look back! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3335 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Just so happens I have a Note 3 on trial so feel free to ask me specifics about it. I haven't used iOS so I can't compare directly. 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Comparing an iPhone to a Note 3 is like comparing apples to oranges, or tic-tacs to oranges at least (size) Smiley LOL

In all seriousness, if you look at the differences in basic terms you have size as the biggest factor. In the hand you have a regular size candy bar iPhone versus a 'phablet' device.  When it comes to screens you have a 3.5in display versus the Note 3's 5.7in screen.  Then apart from the ability to use an extra memory card with the Note 3 it now becomes a 'what do you want' question.  iOS versus Android is just an interface for most folk.  Being able to remove the battery and plug in a spare (Note 3) is another nice-to-have but hardly a reason to switch.

What is it that you're after..?

To share my history, I used to own an iPhone 3GS - it was my first smartphone.  I liked it alot (there were issues but this isn't the place) but I found iOS quite controlling and no memory card slot.  Then I gave Android a go with the Samsung Galaxy S2 and loved it.  Bigger screen too at 4.3in.  Android really is/was liberating.  The S2 was initially just a test device but it was fabulous for 13 months... then I drooled over the Note 3 info when it came out.  Not really in the tablet market (yet) the Note 3 seemed a perfect next step.  And it was and still is slight_smile

Jonty.

Message 7 of 8

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Here's my progression...

iPhone 4 - HTC Sensation XL - S3 - S4 - Note 3

What you'll notice is an ever increasing desire on my side for more screen real estate. Android is very different to iOS (but at the core, both do the same thing) so the move will likely take some getting used to, as well as the mammoth size difference.

My Note 3 battery is phenomenal... I'm a very heavy phone user - YouTube, netflix, music, Facebook, Twitter... I can easily outlast a full day from 6am - > midnight which I could never do on my previous devices.

It's snappy too! No lag or waiting for anything. Want the internet browser open? Tap the icon and it's there.

While this is the perfect Android device for me, it may not be for you. The HTC One and Sony Z1 are both fantastic choices with some unique features if you fancy a slightly smaller (than Note 3) device.

Pop into an O2 store and you can get a good feel for them all 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 8