cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In store help

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone died the other week, it was 3 years old so can't complain. I went in to store to see if they could help in any way, assistant told me nothing can be done,so I upgraded for a new phone. I am happy with new phone but was gutted as was told all contacts must be saved on old phone so they couldn't be retrieved!

went back to store week later to ask they could try my old SIM card in a different phone just to get my contacts. 

There was 5 people working in store, all but one was thinking how they could do it, they got an old phone out inserted my SIM card then tried to transfer contacts. It took 3 of them about 5/10mins but no joy. They then asked a "guru" to help he took the phone and put it on main computer only to say he could only get 9 contacts to transfer! 

I resigned to the fact that had lost all contacts, but then on a last ditch attempt I borrowed a phone put my old sim card in and believe it or not all contacts where they, so I have now transfered all to new phone happy days.

I am only writing to say how shocked I was that it took 3 assistants and 1 so called Guru to do as it turned out a very simple task! It seems they only interested in selling new phones and getting new customers.

Thanks

a now happy chappy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well done. It's a simple enough job if you know what you're doing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2