Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost all my contacts, pictures and Apps :(

Zerotechie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Samsung phone went for repair because it had stopped taking a charge. It is only 20 months old so it went to Samsung and they have fixed it, but I assume they have put it back to factory settings.  I thought all my stuff was on the SD card, but sadly, it must have been on the phone.  You can tell that my knowledge of tech is Zero! I do have my last phone, that I used the app to switch all my contacts etc over from.   Does it copy it across, but still keep it on that handset or does it send it across and wipe it from the original phone?  I am charging it at the moment. Do you think anything might still be on that? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

It will probably still be there, although most of the apps will need updating @Zerotechie and I'm not sure on new activity since then.

If you had a Google account logged into the phone, your pictures SHOULD be backed up to the Google Photos app.

Contacts should be backed up so long as the option to do so was ticked.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

It will probably still be there, although most of the apps will need updating @Zerotechie and I'm not sure on new activity since then.

If you had a Google account logged into the phone, your pictures SHOULD be backed up to the Google Photos app.

Contacts should be backed up so long as the option to do so was ticked.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2