Did you mean: 

Huawei PSmart battery suddenly went dead and will no longer charge

NorthernRealm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I have a Huawei PSmart and today it suddenly went dead and it will no longer charge. When I plug it in to charge it just has a red flashing light and the screen flashes up a big red circle with a red charging symbol. Usually it shows a percentage it is charging as soon as I plug it in but it's no longer doing that.

I've looked on the O2 website but can't find any information about what to do. I guess I need either a new battery or some way of getting the current battery to charge again if possible, or a replacement phone. I can't figure out how to remove the back of the Psmart to remove the battery unlike my previous phone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds like it is dead.
How long have you had the phone?
Try contacting Huawei customer support to start a repair:
https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

NorthernRealm
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. Since I have it on an O2 contract, isn't it O2s responsibility to send me a new battery or phone? I started the contract and got the phone in 2018. I've never experienced any of my previous phones doing this.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
However, o2's repairers do not have a stellar reputation on the community forum due to a number of issues with them.
Hence my recommendation you contact Huawei.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

NorthernRealm
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do O2 have an email address I can contact them on? I've just checked my details and only got the phone in June 2019, so it's been less than 12 months.

I've checked the repair page and could send it off for repair, but it doesn't actually say how or where. The help pages just send me round in circles and don't answer any of my questions. I don't have a phone to ring them on, so I'm not sure what to do. I do have an old phone I've just charged up, but I remember that it takes a different type of SIM card to the Huawei phone, so I couldn't ring them on that.

This is really stressful in the pandemic because I need to be able to contact people if I get ill. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No email, sorry.
See your other thread for more help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7