Did you mean: 

Huawei P30 Pro

Pav1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi All,

Just a quick question.. My huawei P30 pro doesn't have the wi fi calling option.. I don't think it ever did..

Checked my 02 and wi fi calling is enabled. Spoken numerous times to 02 and the advisor keeps telling me its there. Spoke with huawei and they said it's there. Asked where I got my device from and explained its from a 3rd party called mobile phonea direct.

Huawei then told me it may be the 02 firmware isn't running on your phone, that's why you don't have the WiFi button..

I thought all devices, no matter where you took your contract out from, has the same firmware as if you'd taken it out directly from 02.

Does anyone know how I can resolve my WiFi button issue?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Pav1 I would think that the answers Huawei give you are the ones you should go with. I'm not 100% certain, but I'd always thought that you would only get O2 firmware if the phone was purchased from O2 directly. If you buy from a third party you don't get the O2 firmware even though you're connected via the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Pav1 I would think that the answers Huawei give you are the ones you should go with. I'm not 100% certain, but I'd always thought that you would only get O2 firmware if the phone was purchased from O2 directly. If you buy from a third party you don't get the O2 firmware even though you're connected via the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

pmf23
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know how to add O2 firmware to a phone not purchased from O2? I'm having the same problem with wi-fi call button not appearing

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6498 Posts
  • 48 Topics
  • 1472 Solutions

@pmf23 What phone are we talking about and is WiFi Calling enabled on your account

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

pmf23
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. I have a P30 Pro. I hadn't realised I needed to call O2 to turn Wi-Fi calling on; did so yesterday and the option's now appeared on my phone.

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6498 Posts
  • 48 Topics
  • 1472 Solutions

@pmf23 Good to hear

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6