cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one S Boot loop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, My One S is about 11months old now and it just started the boot loop which gets stuck on the "HTC, silently brilliant" screen and just stays there and does not budge.

Prior to this happening everything was fine and i had changed nothing or downloaded anything. The last thing i did was turn data off and turn my volume up and put it on charge before going to sleep.

Woke up this moring and went to put my password and it was not entering any numbers, so i restarted and thats when this started happening! 😞

I have done the power and volume down button to get to the bios settings thing and have clicked on every option hoping it will work but to no avail 😞

At the bios screen it says

*** TAMPERED *** (Highlighted in black)
*** LOCKED *** (Highlighted in pink)
VLE PVT SHIP S-0N RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000

RADIO-1.11.50.05.28

OpenDSP-v31-1.0.45.0815

eMMC-boot

Dec 14 2012, 17:10:57:-1

HBOOT (Highlighted blue)

(navigation controls)

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET

CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

IMAGE CRC

SHOW BARCODE

I can select everything from fast boot to showbarcode, the rest i cant select

I have done selected every option on the boot menu and it still gets stuck on the HTC screen!

When i select factory reset it goes into a black screen with a red triangle and red ! over a phone and then goes back to the HTC logo

And now im stuck with a phone i cant use

Im going to be ringing the O2 helpline when my GF gets home so it wont cost anything and if thats no good then ill have to go into store

Any tips/advice to get this working will be great, cant go phoneless for much longer!

Many thanks

John

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Took it to O2 shop, They took it in for repair and now i have a brand new HTC one S on its way back to me

Sweeet

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

If a soft or hard reset is not working then maybe consider having HTC take a look at it.

At the 02 Shop They probably would want to send it off to 02 repairs which in respect to some of the not so good stories you may want to go with HTC themselves.

https://support.htc.com/en-uk
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Bob go direct to Htc dont let o2 loose on it

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Took it to O2 shop, They took it in for repair and now i have a brand new HTC one S on its way back to me

Sweeet

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94381 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent result.

Now you can get back to enjoying using the phone and services.

Take care.
Message 6 of 6