cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

ok so let me clarify

4.0 / 4.0.1 / 4.0.4 are all ics

4.1.1 / 4.1.2 / 4.2 are all jb

Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 31 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies, I got mixed up - 4.1 is HTC Sense, I'm still on 4.0.4 which is ICS

Message 32 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

This update is taking forever!!!!

Message 33 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Previous 2 updates came out approximately 2 weeks after international version. In theory we should have it today or tomorrow. But who knows, maybe the people at o2 took their Christmas holiday earlier and we won't get it until next year. So sick of checking 5 times a day for updates....
Message 34 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Just to let you know, if you leave this page, the chat may be disconnected. info: You are now chatting with Bidisha. Bidisha: Hi I'm Bidisha. How can I help? Stuart: Any news on the Jelly Bean update for HTC One X yet? Was told to suspect arrival in December Stuart: Just curious and can't seem to get a definitive answer browsing the Web. Bidisha: I'm sorry Stuart, we haven't received any update from the HTC. Bidisha: As soon as we receive we'll update in our O2 website. Stuart: Umm your website says you've had the update. I'd assumed it was being tested for your apps before roll out. Bidisha: I'm sorry about that. Bidisha: We haven't received any as of now. Bidisha: The official version is yet not available Stuart: OK thanks Bidisha: as soon as its available, I'll be updated on our website.
Message 35 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are useless. They don't have a clue.
Message 36 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update for unbranded devices apparently was made available in the UK just a couple of days ago. Don't think we''ll get it before end of the year.
Message 37 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

How to check if I have branded/unbranded phone. I have HOX form Phones4U on O2.

Thanks

Message 38 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple, if you get the O2 logo when you turn on your phone, it is branded. Other option would be to install CID getter from Play and if output from that is [ro.aa.cidlist][O2___001] somewhere between the lines, then it is branded.
Message 39 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. My CID is HTC__01 but still no update
Message 40 of 356