Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Desire access to the Cloud and BT Openzone

It's meant to be working. As I've said before, I've got a high level complaint going through. However, it's disappointing that it's still not working. If this was affecting their core services, I'd expect this to have been fixed by now else customers would be deserting in droves. It's lucky that Internet access is still available over the mobile network.

Apparently, they've got HTC and BT involved. The last I heard was yesterday when I was told that BT had told O2 that there was something wrong with one of O2's servers. O2 don't know whether that's the cause of the problem or not.

FWIW when I tried today, I did get a different symptom: the web page where you enter your phone number hung rather than coming back immediately. It still didn't work but it's a different symptom! I guess that correlates with what O2 told me yesterday.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Spoken to them again. They now say that yes, it definitely should work, apologised for having misinformed me and that someone from their network problem resolution team will call me before the end of the week.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Someone senior called me. He's hoping to make some progress today. One thing he did say was that I was the only customer that O2 knew of that has a problem with the HTC Desire since July 26th (when the HTC Desire was accredited). And he said he'd been looking in the forums too. So, if any of you still have problems connecting via BT Openzone, then I suggest you say so either by calling customer service or saying so here. Please ensure that the hotspot you've tried is one of the real BT Openzone hotspots rather than a BT HomeHub one (ie one from this list: http://consumero2.directoryconnection.com/).

You need to say when (date and time), which hotspot including postcode (it should be one on this list: http://consumero2.directoryconnection.com/). If you're reporting it to customer services, then you should tell them what IP address you got too.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well that's rubbish, as I've spoken to o2 a number of times about this problem.

I took up my contract on the basis of the free Openzone access promised by the sales guy so if nothing else, yes they are in breach of contract due to miss-sale of goods.

That said, I've been with o2 for 9 years or something silly, so I've logged another support request with them and hopefully will get it sorted.

Only bothered retrying because I spotted an o2 guru roadshow, they were as baffled as me, but one of them seemed convinced that free access is only to certain contracts, and specific phones, but he couldn't verify it and none of the other gurus had heard of that.

For what it's worth, the customer service people I've spoken to have all been incredibly helpful, as the usually are. It's a shame if something technical on the backend is causing this.

Fingers crossed eh
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've tried several times to access the one at Starbucks on the A3 services at Wisley (north bound) and it never works, yet my mate on Orange with his iPhone has no problems
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tried to access BT Openzone at Cafe Nero
31-32 Market Place
Melton Mowbray
LE13 1XD
1100 Tuesday 17th August.
Connected to Home page but still requires username & password to actually use it,which I haven't got of course.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tried to access BT Openzone at Cafe Nero
Connected to Home page but still requires username & password to actually use it,which I haven't got of course.

I haven't tried yet, but can anyone say what is supposed to be displayed when connecting to BT Openzone from an HTC Desire for the first time? (With The Cloud there's a special link which takes you to a page that you put your phone number into - see my earlier post: http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=241172#241172).
Highlighted
Anonymous

When I first connected to The Cloud I filled in a registration form,which did not ask for my phone number.Now when I use it I just log on & it's there.
Highlighted
Anonymous

When you connect to an official Openzone hotspot and you get the Openzone welcome page where you can log in, there's a box where you can choose your service provider (IIRC it's just above where it wants you to enter the login details). Press that and select O2. An O2 landing page will then be displayed where you type in your phone number and then press submit.
Highlighted
Anonymous

When you connect to an official Openzone hotspot and you get the Openzone welcome page where you can log in, there's a box where you can choose your service provider (IIRC it's just above where it wants you to enter the login details). Press that and select O2. An O2 landing page will then be displayed where you type in your phone number and then press submit.

...and do you just get a sort of "unrecognised number" error if you try to put your HTC Desire phone number in?