Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

What to do

I'm currently on the £20 iPhone simplicity tariff with the SIM happily working in my HTC Desire, although I do still have problems with openzone and cloud.

Would switching to their new Simplicity for Smartphone tarrif help at all? ie reset anything? or is the fundamental problem as Marc2010 says, they the Desire isn't on the okay list yet for OpenZone?

Because I get more txts and minutes for my £20 on the iphone simplicity than i would on the Smartphone version. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Desire access to the Cloud and BT Openzone

I think that only HTC Desires running O2 software will connect i.e. the ones brought directly from O2 (they have apparantely now accredited O2 Desires). My Desire was from an internet shop and is running the standard HTC software, which seems to be a probem for O2. O2 told me to ask HTC to accredit the standard HTC handsets, but BT and HTC say the problem lies with O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

> I think that only HTC Desires running O2 software will connect

My HTC Desire was supplied by O2 and it still doesn't work. I have a case working through their complaints department at the moment. They think it should work but it doesn't.

My main beef with the Wifi bolt-on is why does every phone type have to be accredited? Surely wifi is wifi (BT Openzone don't accredit every laptop). As long as it connects to the Wifi hotspot (which it does), there should be no problems getting past the landing page (the fact it's displaying the landing page and takes input means that it should be ok). It works with the Cloud and other hotspot providers. My feeling is that the database back end that receives the phone number from the O2 BT Openzone landing page doesn't like my phone number/MAC address and thus displays "Unable to complete login call". IE the authentication is failing. According to BT, that's provided by O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for that Andy. I'll do the same as you and register a complaint.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well first they confirmed that the Desire would not connect but then when I pointed out that they were in breach of the t&c of my contract they backtracked and tried to claim that there was no reason for the Desire not to work.

They advertised and charge for use of the bt openzone service as part of web and wifi, deciding not to bother enabling it is not acceptable.

If they won't commit to solving the problem within a reasonable timescale and offering a refund for the time that it has been unavailable then I am going to use it to walk out of the contract without penalty and move to a cheaper tariff.

I find it amazing that they think that people will go along with paying for an advertised service that is not being provided.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

If using an iphone tariff in a non iphone you may need to reset the mac address registered against your mobile number.

Send wifi to 2121 to reset you will have to re-enter your mobile number to login again takes about 1 hour. or use the mac reset form in my links
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

If they won't commit to solving the problem within a reasonable timescale and offering a refund for the time that it has been unavailable then I am going to use it to walk out of the contract without penalty and move to a cheaper tariff.
I find it amazing that they think that people will go along with paying for an advertised service that is not being provided.

I have said pretty much the same thing in an e-mail to them.

It's beyond a joke.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I have an O2 branded HTC Desire and have spent quite some time on the phone to O2 about this as well, and apart from a £5 credit, have achieved nothing.

EDIT: I have now been told that only iPhone users have access to BT Openzone with the bolt on but that no one in the call centre knows why.

EDIT2:

http://www.o2.com/media/press_releases/ ... rchive=yes

"All O2 customers will continue to receive unlimited Wi-Fi through The Cloud and BT Openzone hotspots."
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you use the fact that they're breaching the t&c of your contract, will they release you from the contract? If they do, do you have to hand the phone back? Anyone tried and succeeded yet?
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is a first im reading this so this makes me very annoyed & angry as i have just added web bolt on for my Desire.
Why do O2 continue selling the bolt on on Desire when they know its not working ?