Did you mean: 

HTC Desire (Bravo) Camera Not Working - Black Screen

MattHead93
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi guys,

I wondered whether you'd be able to help me out a bit - as the title says, I have a black screen when I open up the camera app. It's not just the native camera app that is affected, but also RetroCamera and SnapChat.

The phone is very nearly 3 years old now, and has had a few bounces in it's time, but nothing over the past months.

The strange thing is that the camera was working yesterday afternoon, and now it is not. I have not installed or updated any software/firmware since.

I have tried turning the phone on and off again, to no avail, and it's now looking like I'm going to have to try a factory reset.

What is the best way to back everything up before a factory reset?

Have any of you heard of this problem before?

What are my options if the factory reset does not work?

Thank you all for your time to read this, and I look forward to any help you can offer slight_smile

Regards,

Matt

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MattHead93
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I just started looking into backing up for a factory reset, and lo and behold, the camera is working again!

As good as this is, I still have some concern over why it would only show a black screen this morning...

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Instances like this can occur.

If r:(setting the phone does not work

If the phone casing is showing drop marks then its most likely warranty won't hold.

Possibly a standalone phone shop could look at it.

Maybe time to upgrade.
Message 2 of 8

MattHead93
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hmmm, so can it sometimes just be down to the age of the device, wear and tear etc.? Because it looks more of a hardware problem.

I'm not overly fussed about going out and getting it repaired if it is stuffed, as I am planning on upgrading soon. (Whenever the price of the HTC One drops! Fingers crossed for July sales...!)

Thank you for your help slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another avenue is to make sure your software is up to date too.
Message 4 of 8

MattHead93
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The phone is on 2.2 Froyo, and has been for atleast two years - I did look into upgrading it to 2.3 Gingerbread via HTC Dev, but I decided against it, just in case any problems occurred.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ball is in your court then my friend !

wink
Message 6 of 8

MattHead93
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I just started looking into backing up for a factory reset, and lo and behold, the camera is working again!

As good as this is, I still have some concern over why it would only show a black screen this morning...

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes its just a technology glitch thing.

Hsve an inner smile and move on !!

wink

Message 8 of 8