Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Desire 12 month Simplicity customers upgrading 1 yr on

Hi,
Like a lot of people on here I purchased a HTC Desire on the Simplicity for Smartphone 12 month tarrif and paid £285 for the phone. One year on and the HTC Sensation looks like my next upgrade...
My question is this: does anyone know if you'll be able to purchase the phone for a one off fee and if so then how much might it be? I suspect I may have to wait a month for the answer but there's no harm in asking now!
My impression is the £285 deal was virtually cost price to O2 and I'm wondering if they'll charge more like the prices on external websites rather than give it a heavy discount again.
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

Re: HTC Desire 12 month Simplicity customers upgrading 1 yr

Hi,
Like a lot of people on here I purchased a HTC Desire on the Simplicity for Smartphone 12 month tarrif and paid £285 for the phone. One year on and the HTC Sensation looks like my next upgrade...
My question is this: does anyone know if you'll be able to purchase the phone for a one off fee and if so then how much might it be? I suspect I may have to wait a month for the answer but there's no harm in asking now!
My impression is the £285 deal was virtually cost price to O2 and I'm wondering if they'll charge more like the prices on external websites rather than give it a heavy discount again.

Looks a nice phone, but it's not on the O2 site at all at the moment, not even in the 'Coming Soon' section. If O2 do decide to carry it there's no guarantee they'll offer any discount. If the price is comparable to an external website and you really want it you may as well buy it SIM free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Looks a nice phone, but it's not on the O2 site at all at the moment, not even in the 'Coming Soon' section.

Do people still check that outdated page? A quick google shows it's coming to O2... http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X&ei= ... bdeac04a96
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
(/quote)Do people still check that outdated page? A quick google shows it's coming to O2... http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X&ei= ... bdeac04a96
Sorry for referring to that outdated page. I'm sure you'll get the phone much quicker because you saw something written on a page in a Google search. How silly of me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Playing up to your username, I like it!
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,898

Highlighted

Sorry for referring to that outdated page. I'm sure you'll get the phone much quicker because you saw something written on a page in a Google search. How silly of me.

Is there any real need to be so sarcastic??

Yes when all I was trying to do was be helpful to the OP by checking out the O2 page and getting dissed for it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,898

Highlighted

Fair comment, I have just reread it. Apologies!

No problem Smiley Very Happy

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hope fully the handset SHOULD be available slightly cheaper than external websites etc. I spoke to O2 if the Desire S could be purchased for a one off fee and they came back with a price of £290, it was £350 on PAYG, so I assume the same would apply to the HTC Sensation.
Hope that helps.
Ahmed