cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s3 - black screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

my galaxy s3 has been experiencing a major problem.

When using any app  the phone freezes and the screen goes black. The only way to restore the phone is to reboot it. This also happens when I leave the phone alone, I pick it up and try to unlock the screen but it stays black and a reboot is required.

The phone isnt new and has been working perfectly for at least 6 months.. I think it may be related to the recent firmware update.

My phone is on - 4.1.2  Build XXELL4

I've googled around and tried some suggested fixes such as clearing the touchwiz cache and turning off the wifi power saving feature from the *#0011# menu but no joy.

I've heard that a firmware update to build XXELLA may fix this issue. Any idea when this will be rolled to my O2 branded UK phone?

Many thanks

Mo

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147222 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
I wouldn't expect O2 to rush with these updates.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
They don't seem to rush for anything these days, but you would think o2 would want to get an important security update to there customers asap.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was having the same problem for the past week or 2. Think I've sorted it. Try turning smart stay off!. Works for me!
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having the same problem I have tried a full factory reset and am having the same problem.

I have tried all the fixes I have found online with no effect im still getting the freezing.

I have tweeted to samsung and O2 and am awaiting a reply.

I have read a lot of people have had to send there S3 back under warranty to get there motherboard replaced, people with the 16gb motherboard have had a 32gb one installed so not sure if it is a 16b motherboard issue?

Anyway I will wait to see if i get a reply from either Samsung or O2 and will go from there.

Message 14 of 14