cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s2, jelly bean and O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK this is getting old now, samsung have released Jelly Bean but O2 seem to be keeping us waiting, Vodafone have released it so what is taking so long. 

I can understand Samsung delaying it to make sure it works, but what tweaks, add on's are O2 looking to add to it. 

Come on O2 give a date please

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've seen nothing on any site to say O2 UK have released JB yet. The only UK operator to have released it is Vodafone, so he's either pulling your leg or something weird is going on. Ask him to type *#1234# and report back his firmware details....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

just had a chat with the guru and this is what i was told....

Vinnie:
At the moment we are working on the software and it would take few weeks to launch.

Vinnie:
Whenever a new software is launched by the manufacturers, we investigate and make sure that there is no issues in it which may affect the phone. Once it's done, it's shared for all our customers on our website. As of now, the investigation isn't done, so you'll have to wait for a few weeks until it's launched by us. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. slight_smile

So my question is what are they doing, are they rewriting code and adding o2 twist on jelly bean... 

A few more weeks, I can hear odin calling
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You still won't get a UK version if you go the Odin route as Samsung not released it publically yet. It's only with the networks for testings. MODs: Can these threads all be merged please.?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
My mate got his o2 s2 jellybean update yesterday over the air......how's that?!

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My mate got his o2 s2 jellybean update yesterday over the air......how's that?!

Because he's in Germany......?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, good old Manchester! I'm confused as neither the software update option on the phone or using kies on PC work for me.

You have any idea?
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've seen nothing on any site to say O2 UK have released JB yet. The only UK operator to have released it is Vodafone, so he's either pulling your leg or something weird is going on. Ask him to type *#1234# and report back his firmware details....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

He's just mentioned its a replaced phone from his insurance and not o2 branded. Had German software on it he said.

That'll answer it. 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
He's just mentioned its a replaced phone from his insurance and not o2 branded. Had German software on it he said.

That'll answer it. 

It's the only way it was possible......

O2 arses along with Three, EE, Orange, T Mobile etc..... ? wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't want o2 messing with it. I just want the update. It's pathetic. I've been following the news on this update for months. My partner has a gs2 on orange and her update is available from kies. So it isn't just Vodafone. O2 are awful.
Message 10 of 11