cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Mini not charging

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently acquired a new Galaxy S3 Mini. Our car chargers (we tried 2) and Power Monkey charger both fail to be recognised by the phone, so I am only able to charge it using the mains cable (or via the USB connector to the computer). Not being able to re charge a phone that needs to be charged daily, on the move, is obviously very inconvenient. O2 customer help on the website said I ought to check with another car charger but the charger and Power Monkey both charge my husband's new Galaxy S3. Why would the Mini be different? Their only other advice was to take it to a store to be checked. Has anyone else with an S3 Mini had this problem?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Yep, and that is the problem. I highlighted REGULATED as well because an unregulated 1 amp will quickly become 0.3 amp when plugged into the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

How annoying - my old Galaxy and the larger S3 that my other half has, charge just fine using any old car charger, Power Monkey, whatever, and I had to get the finicky phone by going for the Mini. I'll have to study the details on car chargers very carefully before buying one.  Still, at least it doesn't appear the phone itself is faulty.

Message 12 of 12