Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 I9300 Latest Firmware

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

GT-I9300 United Kingdom 2013 February I9300XXEMB5 I9300OXAEMB5

Not wishing to be outdone by Apple, Samsung have just started to push out another update for unbranded UK S3's.

Anyone with a CSC of BTU can get this now directly off Kies or wait a few days for the OTA update (over Wifi).

NOTE. Only for unbranded phones so if you have O2 firmware you'll have to wait.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe i'm being a little stupid here but i have had the features listed for months now. Was this not pushed to unbranded previously?

Message 11 of 21

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There has been 3 4.1.2 updates for unbranded phoes so far.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest I have noticed no difference, the Gallery is as was at the last update. The only real difference I can see is Group cast, not something I will use and maybe that was there before. Page buddy doesn't appear to exist (no idea what it is!) and Paper artist was already there from the last update.

I also can't see any way of editing the notification area.

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest I have noticed no difference, the Gallery is as was at the last update. The only real difference I can see is Group cast, not something I will use and maybe that was there before. Page buddy doesn't appear to exist (no idea what it is!) and Paper artist was already there from the last update.

I also can't see any way of editing the notification area.

Page buddy is for when you put headphones in, it changes your home screen to be a dedicated music page. There are three page buddy modes:

• Earphones Page
  • Docking Page
  • Roaming Page

to edit the notification area go to:

settings > display> notification panel

you can then drag and drop from the "available buttons" to the "notification panel"

Message 14 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Thanks logic, I have used the notification editor but as you say it was done on the last update. I presumed they had modified it again but it's all 'as you were'! Thanks for explaining the page buddy option, it'll come in handy when I'm travelling:smileyhappy:

Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for this..i'd always used a 3rd part app to toggle my sync on and off...never knew i could customise the notification area to include a sync icon...thanks again
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Problem slight_smile

Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did todays update, bring any changes or fixes?
Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We think just bug fixes.....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was hoping this this was going to be 4.2.1 due to Galaxy 4 announcement this week! 😞
Message 20 of 21