cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Help??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just upgraded to samsung galaxy s3 mini, i have 500mb of data allowance but it has all been used!  used to have a blackberry which i had, facebook, twitter, emails, sky sports news, games open all the time and never used anywere near all my data.  yet with the galaxy it has used all data within a short space of time.  how do i stop it using the data so quickly!

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

How quickly have you used this data LJ25 - and what sort of usage are you subjecting the phone to?

Unless you're streaming films or constantly playing games over the mobile network 500 mb should last ages!

Also, have you got auto-synch on constantly and are away from wi-fi access?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will use data more quickly as the blackberry compresses the data so as not to use as much what you can  do is use wifi when possible and maybe set your email not to fetch very often if you have that set up and make sure there are no data hungry apps running in the background

Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
to be honest no idea how to use this phone, how do i turn off apps i dont use? my boss has the s3 but not the mini has loads of apps running and uses a whole lot less data!
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to be honest and say I'm an Iphone user and am not to ofay with the android system so I wouldn't want to give you any wrong advice there are a lot of android fans on here and hopefully one of them will pick up on this soon sorry I couldn't help more slight_smile

Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your help its all appreciated, i found the blackberry so much easier to use if im honest!
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

turn off location settings on apps that you dont want to use your location as they will use up data quickly trying to find your exact location, turn off mobile data & use wifi where possible

Message 6 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Most likely cause is the sync interval, rather than open apps. If you look in settings you will see all your accounts. Go into each one and see how frequently they are syncing. Also, check the facebook app settings as this defaults to sync everything at something crazy like 1 min intervals.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

A change always takes some getting used to I sure you will be a whizz at it in no time

Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Most likely cause is the sync interval, rather than open apps. If you look in settings you will see all your accounts. Go into each one and see how frequently they are syncing. Also, check the facebook app settings as this defaults to sync everything at something crazy like 1 min intervals.....

This man is a legend on android he will sort you out

Message 9 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
After that vote of confidence I'd better get my finger out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 29