Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free samsung tablet with S9

Atmywitsend
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone received their tablet? My phone was upgraded on 31st May and still no sign of tablet. Customer services keep changing their story so they are not very helpful. Considering we are now at day 58 its not much to ask how much longer it will be. Feeling letdown by O2
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Atmywitsend

At this stage you probably need to chase up customer services. Some people have received their tablets  It can take up to 54 days

Info about the promotion is here (

Free Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 ("Free Gift") when you buy a new Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus directly from O2 before 11 July 2018. Free Gift dispatched between 14-40 days after qualifying purchase.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-s9#contractType=paymonthly

NB it should be despatched 14-40 days after qualifying purchase T's and C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-samsung-galaxy-tab-a-101free-gift-with-qualifyi...

However, they are subject to availability so a call to CS is a must now https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Atmywitsend
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thats the thing I have on several occassions, their story keeps changing and yesterday was told dont know you will have to wait so they are not helpful. On asking to have a complaint registered my call seemed to be cut off
Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AtmywitsendYou can make a complaint via this route https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

However, I will ask our community admins for advice on this one @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

At this stage we probably all need to know that status of 'whilst stocks last'

Also as you ordered your device in May you should have been one of the first on the distribution list.

Our Admin wont be back on duty till Monday ...so pop back to the thread then. One of them will have responded to you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

Atmywitsend
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No worries @Atmywitsend Hope it works out for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What reason are they giving you for not receiving one yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 19

Atmywitsend
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No reason, they are working through despatches and dont have dates for despatch is all i am being told. But originally tablet was direct from samsung now it is O2, so who is it?
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The promotion is run by Samsung but O2 have to verify your purchase. Once that is complete and a tablet has been allocated, o2 will send it out to you.
Numbers are limited but as you purchased on the first day of the program there shouldn’t be a problem with stock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AtmywitsendIf you look at the terms and conditions I posted it stated the Promoter is O2. The tablet comes via O2 not Samsung...so it's O2 (Although Samsung send O2 the tablets)

(which is why they add the proviso about 'while stocks last')

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19