cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Samsung Speaker Promo: has anyone actually received the speaker?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having an ABSOLUTE nightmare trying to get this speaker, even though my claim was validated, and I received an email from the carriers with the tracking code. After a few weeks of it not arriving, I called the carriers (as suggested in their email) and they confirmed what the tracking page says: it was never received from Samsung by them.

I am on my 5th message with the samsung promo people and still have got nowhere. Despite giving them a copy of the carrier email which has the tracking code and link, they claim that it was received 2 days prior to the 'apparent' despatch (as shown on the tracking page) by someone with a completely different name.

I am becoming convinced that there is no intention at all of providing that speaker.

I wish I had never ordered the phone to take advantage of the promo and most of all I wish I had never decided to stay with O2. Such incompetence!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

On that statement, I couldn't possibly trust you. Forums normaly receive input from single digit percentages of a site's client base. You are actually less likely to hear of complaints here than anywhere.

I find that response quite offensive if honest @Anonymous. We are all customers like yourself and do our best to answer questions  based on experience of other customers and knowledge of O2's systems . You chose to ask the question. You were given the correct answers from our most senior/experienced forum member @MI5

If you choose to disbelieve his responses then fine. No-one here will tell you anything different!  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well you need to follow the advice given by @MI5 as it is correct. Samsung ran the promo. Chase them. Yes your contract maybe with o2 but they don't have anything to do with the Samsung run promotion

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I got the speaker got phone on contract in store had to wait over the 14 day cooling off period gave Samsung the emie and took photo of the recicet and then waited and got the speaker the blue one
Message 13 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Good to hear.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it was like 2 to 3 weeks for bit to come
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
Yes I got the speaker got phone on contract in store had to wait over the 14 day cooling off period gave Samsung the emie and took photo of the recicet and then waited and got the speaker the blue one

Also good to have confirmation that it was actually Samsung you contacted @Anonymous.

(As explained earlier by @MI5) Thanks for posting. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that is a pretty offensive thing to say to someone that is only trying to help.

I've been on the forum for around a month and @MI5 has been nothing but helpful, Big Up @MI5 Hero

Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Thanks for the support Prem but unfortunately we get this kind of response now and again when we can't give an instant fix to a problem.
All we can do is advise and hope it helps in some way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Agree...but you know my feelings on good manners...Fortunately most of the comment was edited. Also we can be very grateful that @Anonymous came on to clarify what @MI5 had stated.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes sorry was Samsung I contacted
Message 20 of 22