cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Samsung Speaker Promo: has anyone actually received the speaker?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having an ABSOLUTE nightmare trying to get this speaker, even though my claim was validated, and I received an email from the carriers with the tracking code. After a few weeks of it not arriving, I called the carriers (as suggested in their email) and they confirmed what the tracking page says: it was never received from Samsung by them.

I am on my 5th message with the samsung promo people and still have got nowhere. Despite giving them a copy of the carrier email which has the tracking code and link, they claim that it was received 2 days prior to the 'apparent' despatch (as shown on the tracking page) by someone with a completely different name.

I am becoming convinced that there is no intention at all of providing that speaker.

I wish I had never ordered the phone to take advantage of the promo and most of all I wish I had never decided to stay with O2. Such incompetence!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I believe this promotion was run directly by Samsung so really there's not much o2 can do.
Certainly you need to keep on to Samsung until it's resolved.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
T&C's clearly state Samsung is the promoter https://www.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/o2-freespeaker/terms

The Promoter
The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter” or “Samsung”).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm sure you may have seen this page but support for the promotion is here https://www.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/o2-freespeaker/contact

Currently using:
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, my contract is with O2, it is even mention ed on the receipt, so the contract is in breach. And as I said, I have been in contact with these jokers and have also detailed the run around. My question was, has anyone actually received one?
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you are the only one who has come on here saying they haven't received their speaker we can safely assume everyone else has (we would have heard about it).
If you think it's O2's responsibility, follow the O2 complaints process here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an unsafe assumption but thanks.

Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Trust me, we hear of even the slightest little complaint on here.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forums normaly receive input from single digit percentages of a site's client base. You are actually less likely to hear of complaints here than anywhere.

Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fair enough, good luck.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22