Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 505 installing Amazon Shopping

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My wife recently got a Huawei P Smart and now cannot update Amazon Shopping.  She gets the following error

IMG_20180919_075225.jpg

I tried uninstalling it, then re-installing but the same error occurs.  I've tried googling the error and it appears to have been a known Google/Amazon issue for quite some time with various fixes suggested out there that work for some people but not others. 

My wife used Huawei's built in data transfer tool to transfer her data, so I'm thinking it may have inadvertently transferred some incompatible data that is causing this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how did you fix it, if at all?

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to open file explorer after uninstall and look for anything Amazon related. Delete any files, reboot and reinstall. Something you transferred over is causing this. 

Worst scenario is a factory reset and set up as new. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I don't know if you've tried it or not but I'd delete the app, clear cache, reboot then reinstall.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Haven't tried a reboot, but have tried uninstalling then re-installing.  The re-install fails due to the same error.

Thanks

Steve
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to open file explorer after uninstall and look for anything Amazon related. Delete any files, reboot and reinstall. Something you transferred over is causing this. 

Worst scenario is a factory reset and set up as new. 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Haven't tried a reboot, but have tried uninstalling then re-installing.  The re-install fails due to the same error.

Clearing the cache of old files or using file explorer as mentioned by jonsie, is key.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks both. I'll give this a go tonight if I get a chance

Thanks

Steve
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @welshsteve76 slight_smile Any luck last night following the most recent suggestions? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Having uninstalled Amazon Shopping for my wife yesterday, when I got home from work I checked the phone's internal and sd card storage and there were no traces of any Amazon data.  So I rebooted the phone, checked the storage again and still no trace.  I therefore attempted to install Amazon Shopping from the Play Store again and it worked grin

Can only assume that even though I couldn't see any Amazon specific data, there must have been some residual hiddned files that got cleared by the reboot.

Thanks for all the help guys thumbsup

Thanks

Steve
Message 9 of 9