cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter SIM network PUK: neither unlatching or PUK code worked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a Samsung J3 (v2017 I think) which has been fully paid via monthly plan. I now would like to give the handset to my daughter who lives abroad and as such the phone needs to be 'unlatched'.

To check if the phone was 'locked' to O2, I put my partner SIM therein and got prompt for a code, which I now know is the 'unlatching code'.

I subsequently got it from 'My O2' but having tried to guess it prior, when I put my partners SIM in, the message is now "SIM network PIN blocked: Enter SIM network PUK". The automated PUK finder at https://www.o2.co.uk/puk/landing gave me an 8-digit code but I try it, it does not seem to work and neither does the unlatching code.

Any idea or suggestion would be very much welcomed.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Martin-O2 

I was wondering if if there was update on this issue?

Kind Regards

Message 11 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I've escalated your request to our Guru team so they can request the unlock code from the manufacturer. I've sent you a private message with more details. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 12