Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim probs

Durhamdad54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I bought the honor 8x in April it's fine great mobile I have o2 in sim 1 and asda in sim 2

Then I updated to pie 

Now all was well no probs with both sims I never changed any settings but this last week if people  ring o2 sim1 it goes straight to voicemail but at random times I when to o2 shop and surprise worked perfect but hours later it plays up again

I did turn off and on took sim out cleaned it turned voicemail on and off 1750 and 1760

But still not working

Today tried ringing it and perfect yes....... But at third call it's back

Any ideas it's doing my head in 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I'll tag someone with a dual sim phone @Durhamdad54 to see if he can help.
Ever see this before @MI5?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Durhamdad54 @gmarkj 

No, not had this issue. The only thing I can think of is a signal drop which is forcing calls to VM intermittently

Try dialing ##002# which will cancel all diverts and see if it changes anything.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Durhamdad54 Go back to the O2 shop and ask them to swap your sim for a new one. They can do it very quickly while you're there. It can take 24 hours to swap but it's normally much faster than that. No harm in trying that to see if it helps.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd also check for any network issues or maintenance as this can cause intermittent signal issues https://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Durhamdad54
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for helpful responses
I tried ##002# it says unknown response think it's back to O2 shop get new monthly sim
Message 6 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

That's probably the simplest way to do it, @Durhamdad54. Hopefully it will resolve the issue. Please come back and let us know how you got on. Good luck.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Taking a flyer on you being in Durham but there is reported maintenance work ongoing there currently.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Durhamdad54
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So great staff in o2 shop changed dim but still no good bless them they tried everything so we decided to back up and do factory reset.... Oh poo!!! Did full reset and it still not fixed sim works fine in other mobile so it's got to be mobile settings
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll have to manually go through all the call divert settings and turn them off as you can't use the shortcode. This is due to having WiFi calling enabled on your account regardless of whether you use it or not.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14