cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage despite mobile data being turned off - Sony xperia Z3+

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently returned from a trip to the USA and have a huge bill for O2 travel.

When I rang they told me O2 travel automatically gets put on your account and you use it abroad without being notified. I asked for it to be removed as all I had done whilst away was send one or two texts a day to the UK (a lot less than £4.90). They said this was fine however I had used data whilst away. I told them this was impossible as I only used wifi and disabled mobile data and roaming. O2 said I did use data, despite the data usage on my phone saying otherwise.

Has anyone had a fault with their mobile data like this? Without O2 travel I would have to pay for £££'s of data usage that I apparently used but actually didn't. O2 said I I cannot dispute this further but feel that this was not my issue. I feel like a liar or maybe UI have been misinformed in store about how to turn off data whilst abroad??

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can check your usage through your MyO2 page. You can lodge a complaint if you disagree: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Some have had good results using Resolver, which you can find on the link provided.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can check your usage through your MyO2 page. You can lodge a complaint if you disagree: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Some have had good results using Resolver, which you can find on the link provided.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Sending just one text will trigger the daily charge.
It's all in the terms for o2 travel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Travel help guide here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Your-guide-on-how-to-use-O2-Travel/ba-p/10...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

xenophone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I turn on aeroplane mode whilst abroad, and use WiFi. I use whatsapp for calls and texts. I get charged zilch!
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Yes, that's the way to guarantee it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am aware of that. Which is why I rang them because it would have cost me less to not have it. But the issue is that I have apparently used data when my phone says that I haven't

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
No doubt they will refund you and turn off travel if you ask?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As MI5 says above, I'm also sure they will refund your charges if you explain the situation. The only way to not get charged is flight mode.
Message 9 of 9