cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a samsung galaxy ace 2 when I loose the signal (I live in a very bad area) the phone does not always reconnect when I move to good areas however the display shows 2-3 bars on signal.If I turn phone off and then on it connects but until I realise that I have not had any calls recently I don't know to do this. How can I fix this and does not this phone default to 2g or 1g if no 3g signal?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Its a bummer, but all phones do this.

When u go through a signal graveyard your handset cant always reconnect to a.good signal again

The only work around is a pain... you need to either... hard boot.. remove the battery while the phone is on and wait 30secs. Then put back together.

I cant remember how to reboot on a htc... I thi k it's. .. hold power and home key at the same time until it shuts down

The other method is..... go to settings. . Other settings/network (depending on handset) then network (for a Samsung)

Then change from auto to manual

Select a different network... it will say unable to connect or something similar

Go back one step and click auto

That should get the handset to connect to a good tower
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try turning 3G off as you may have better signal using 2g & reset your phone & hopefully it will behave like normal then

Message 2 of 3

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Its a bummer, but all phones do this.

When u go through a signal graveyard your handset cant always reconnect to a.good signal again

The only work around is a pain... you need to either... hard boot.. remove the battery while the phone is on and wait 30secs. Then put back together.

I cant remember how to reboot on a htc... I thi k it's. .. hold power and home key at the same time until it shuts down

The other method is..... go to settings. . Other settings/network (depending on handset) then network (for a Samsung)

Then change from auto to manual

Select a different network... it will say unable to connect or something similar

Go back one step and click auto

That should get the handset to connect to a good tower
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 3 of 3