Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Charged for incoming multimedia messages - samsung s9

Good afternoon, 

I have been charged for incoming media messages and can't seem to stop it! My phone automatically creates a group message when I receive a photo - so I get charged twice! Has anyone had the same issue? Any solutions? Thank you. 

Topics: 528
Solutions: 10,848

Re: Charged for incoming multimedia messages - samsung s9

@samstaffs you can turn off sending of MMS messages in the message settings. You will still be able to receive them but the phone won't send with MMS turned off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Sorry - how do I do that? When I go to sttings for multimedia messages I am not able to select it. 

Thanks, 

Topics: 528
Solutions: 10,848

Open message app and tap the 3 dots. Choose settings and look for the MMS options.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Good morning @samstaffs, just curious if you managed to find the correct settings in the end as per the advice above? Smiley Happy

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Unfortunately not. I am going to take my phone to carphone warehouse tomorrow hopefully will be sorted then. Thank you . 

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that @samstaffs. Smiley Sad Let us know how it goes at the shop and if they were able to point out what the issue was - it might end up helping someone else here who is looking for similar information in the future.

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature