Did you mean: 

Charged for incoming multimedia messages - samsung s9

samstaffs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon, 

I have been charged for incoming media messages and can't seem to stop it! My phone automatically creates a group message when I receive a photo - so I get charged twice! Has anyone had the same issue? Any solutions? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@samstaffs you can turn off sending of MMS messages in the message settings. You will still be able to receive them but the phone won't send with MMS turned off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@samstaffs you can turn off sending of MMS messages in the message settings. You will still be able to receive them but the phone won't send with MMS turned off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

samstaffs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry - how do I do that? When I go to sttings for multimedia messages I am not able to select it. 

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Open message app and tap the 3 dots. Choose settings and look for the MMS options.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @samstaffs, just curious if you managed to find the correct settings in the end as per the advice above? slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

samstaffs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately not. I am going to take my phone to carphone warehouse tomorrow hopefully will be sorted then. Thank you . 

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @samstaffs. 😞 Let us know how it goes at the shop and if they were able to point out what the issue was - it might end up helping someone else here who is looking for similar information in the future.

Message 7 of 7