Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from ee to o2 sim issues

AmyD12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, So I feel like my situation is a really odd one. I'm at my wits end so to speak and not even sure who to ask for help. I have a Samsung note 10+ which I had on an ee contract. It has just come to an end so I decided to switch to o2 monthly sim only deal. I also gave them my pac code to keep my old ee number. Anyway fast forward to today and I recieved the text stating today they would be porting my phone number across.. i have had dodgy signal all day and mostly "emergency calls only" or "no service" which was to be expected.. however speaking to the o2 team earlier they say that my port was successfully dont at 11:45am.. the weird part is the o2 sim card works perfectly on my mums other samsung phone with my ported number.. but as soon as I put it back in my phone it doesnt work properly.

Now this isnt a locked phone issue becasue if my phone was locked it wouldnt even recognise o2 but it has on and off picked up the o2 network and even successfully made some calls. But then it goes back to saying no service.. and also I have not been able to recieve calls at all it just says "welcome to the o2 messaging service" whenever you call my number.. so it isn't my phone... it isnt the sim card because the sim card is working perfectly in another phone and it isnt an issue with the porting process as again its all working fine except when I put it in my phone. 

PLEASE HELP I AM SOOOO CONFUSED 😞

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@AmyD12 You might also want to contact Samsung support: Product Help & Support | Samsung United Kingdom

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@AmyD12 

Does any other sim work in your phone OK?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

AmyD12
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I currently have my mums BT sim in the phone and working fine. Also just inputted my IMEI number in and confirmed it is unlocked so really at a loss. I could only put it down to a faulty sim but even then it cant be that as the o2 sim works fine when it isnt in my phone grr! x

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Very strange @AmyD12 

Try it again and reset the network settings in case it's not picking them up correctly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

AmyD12
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I have tried this, as well as turning the phone on and off over and over throughout the day. Also tried o2's troubleshooting solutions they had me put it on airplane mode etc. Still didn't work.

I've had a thought though, my samsung has a software update that I haven't done yet.. I'm wondering if that is causing any issues.. either way I think I will have to go into the o2 store tomorrow but thank you all the same slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@AmyD12 You might also want to contact Samsung support: Product Help & Support | Samsung United Kingdom

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6