Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Tariff on Pay Monthly

SueT99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Pay Monthly deal/tariff ended November 21.  When I go into MyO2, it tells me I can change my tariff (not upgrade but change) and on that page it says the change won't affect my length of contract.  But, as I don't have a contract, does that mean I will have to sign up to a new contract or will I stay contract-free?  I wondering if I can change tariff to more data and then change again in a couple of months to less data or look for a new deal?  

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SueT99 

A tariff change is very expensive compared to an upgrade so I wouldn't advise it, however, if you wish to do so, it won't effect the fact that you are out of contract so you will not be tied in to any length of time and can still change or cancel whenever you wish to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SueT99 

You need to upgrade for the best deals and as you have come from a refresh contract it means you can "upgrade" every month if you wish.

upgrade2.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

SueT99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the very quick reply!  I'm not sure if I am on a Refresh contract, is there a way to check that?  I took out a deal for 6Gb per month for 18 months and this ended in November 2021.  So I've remained on that tariff.  But when I click on "Upgrade" it only shows me 24 month/12 month or 30 day deals.  The change I am talking about is when I go further down the screen and look at View or Change your tariff, then it suggests number of Tariffs to choose from but there is no indication of how long the tariff will last - maybe I should click on a new tariff to see if it comes up with more info.  Sorry if this isn't very clear!!

Message 3 of 7

SueT99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

this is what I see

IMG_20220406_123448427.jpg

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SueT99 

A tariff change is very expensive compared to an upgrade so I wouldn't advise it, however, if you wish to do so, it won't effect the fact that you are out of contract so you will not be tied in to any length of time and can still change or cancel whenever you wish to.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

SueT99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thank you for your help 👍

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

You're welcome @SueT99 slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7