cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access data/internet when not in Wifi areas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all, I have recently got a HTC Desire. I think its an early version of it, its using the android 2.2 software.  Anyway the phone works great and I can connect to the internet fine using WiFi but whenever I am away from a WiFi hotspot and want to use it via my data plan it wont work.   I have the "mobile network" option selected and it registers fine with O2 through that option.  So I don't know why it won't load any web pages???  I am on the sim only plan, I have 50mb a day so I should be able to use this but can't!

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

On the phone can you go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

In here, press your menu button (bottom left of the phone) and delete all APNS so the screen shows nothing.

Now text the word ACTIVE to 2020 to get the settings sent to you. Try the internet now and hopefully it works!

If it doesn't, repeat the first step by deleting the APNs and do the following:

In Access Point Names, press the menu button again and create a new APN. Here are the details for the first one:

Name: WAP

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

Proxy: 192.113.195.200

Port: 8080

Username: o2wap

Password: password

Server: Leave it as not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MMC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication Type: Just leave it

(Can't remember the name of the last option): If it has a selection to choose from choose 'Internet + MMS' but if it is a box to type in type "default,mms,supl"

Then go back to the Access Point Screen and press the menu key and select new APN again and this time:

Name: Mobile Web

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

Proxy: Not Set

Port: Not Set

Username: o2web

MMSC: Not Set

MMS Proxy: Not Set

MMS Port: Not Set

(Can't remember the name of the last option): If it has a selection to choose from choose 'Internet' but if it is a box to type in type "default,hipri"

Now on the Access Point Names screen you should have WAP and Mobile Web, put the green dot next to WAP. Turn your phone off andback on and voila.

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

On the phone can you go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

In here, press your menu button (bottom left of the phone) and delete all APNS so the screen shows nothing.

Now text the word ACTIVE to 2020 to get the settings sent to you. Try the internet now and hopefully it works!

If it doesn't, repeat the first step by deleting the APNs and do the following:

In Access Point Names, press the menu button again and create a new APN. Here are the details for the first one:

Name: WAP

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

Proxy: 192.113.195.200

Port: 8080

Username: o2wap

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

(Can't remember the name of the last option): If it has a selection to choose from choose 'Internet + MMS' but if it is a box to type in type "default,mms,supl"

Then go back to the Access Point Screen and press the menu key and select new APN again and this time:

Name: Mobile Web

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

Proxy: Not Set

Port: Not Set

Username: o2web

MMSC: Not Set

MMS Proxy: Not Set

MMS Port: Not Set

(Can't remember the name of the last option): If it has a selection to choose from choose 'Internet' but if it is a box to type in type "default,hipri"

Now on the Access Point Names screen you should have WAP and Mobile Web, put the green dot next to WAP. Turn your phone off andback on and voila.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
According to the other thread this issue has been resolved already I think. The issue was no apn set on the phone as you pointed out above...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3