cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 (NFC model) Android 4.1.2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am aware that JB 4.1.2 has been released to unlocked UK S2's. I only want to know what the situation with it regarding the NFC enabled version of the S2 is. My model number is GT-I9100P (the standard, non NFC, S2 doesnt have the P in its model name). I am wondering if I will have to wait a month longer than standard S2 users when it gets released by O2 like I did with the ICS update last year.

P.S-I have no intention to flash, I have never done it so I am not bothered risking it.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK, O2 haven't released the O2 Jelly Bean firmware yet.  To do the upgrade, plug phone into PC/MAC and fire up Kies.  Kies will check if you are running the latest firmware - if you are, do nothing, if you aren't, you'll be given the opportunity to upgrade.  Click upgrade and go and make yourself tea/coffee/etc and wait grin

Job's a good'un.

Chris (also waiting for JB Smiley Very Happy )

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No mention of any updates specific to the P model but as 4.12 has NFC support anyway you might find you get it at the same time as the international model....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am interested in the jellybean update for the Samsung Galaxy S2, Has it been released yet, I am not very technical minded but did manage to download the ICS update when it was first released but I have no Idea Now how I did itSmiley Embarassed Has 02 done so yet ? and if so please can you tell me how to do it ? 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No, it's not released for the UK at all yet on any network or for unlocked versions. Only Spain and China have it now. When it is released you should get it pushed to your phone or you can connect to Kies to install it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK, O2 haven't released the O2 Jelly Bean firmware yet.  To do the upgrade, plug phone into PC/MAC and fire up Kies.  Kies will check if you are running the latest firmware - if you are, do nothing, if you aren't, you'll be given the opportunity to upgrade.  Click upgrade and go and make yourself tea/coffee/etc and wait grin

Job's a good'un.

Chris (also waiting for JB Smiley Very Happy )

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You for answering so Quickly, Guess we just have to waitSmiley Indifferent

I am not sure I have ever used Kies lol

Message 6 of 6