cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call problems on sgs3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope someone can help please!?

I have a 6 week old sgs3 worked perfectly up till 2 weeks ago when it stopped wanting to be a phone everything from txt to 3g to wifi works but I now can't make calls.

I can ring people, it will connect (ring at their end) but then it's as if the microphone and speaker do not work no one gets sound either end.

This happens if someone calls me also, it rings, I answer but can't hear a thing.

After 30 seconds or so the calls just hang up all network connection disappears. Then, the phone usually gives me a message. It's had a few different ways of telling me there Is no network coverage. I know there is tho and always has been I know where I lose signal as I do the same journey / routine now for about 9 years. While I have the symbol for no network I am unable to txt etc.

I have not hit mute
Or I do not have it connected to some blue tooth headphone and people are talking to my pocket etc.....
I have tried selecting 02 as the preferred network provider.
I have wiped the software and rebooted and nothing has worked

I'm really gutted as this phone suits me but is not fit for purpose! I have checked a few forums but can't find anything close to this problem please someone help.

Regards

LL
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
I've had my S3 for 3 months and no problems. I suggest you get the phone checked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
It could be anything from a faulty phone, faulty SIM or a network issue. Does it always fail on calls no matter where you are? If so, I would try another SIM in the phone (an O2 one) and see if you can make a call. That would then indicate if you needed to contact O2 for a SIM swap. Try that first then if not we'll try something else. Any O2 shop can also test this for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for reply I tried a sim swap to no avail!

regards

LL
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
What about trying in different locations.... Sounds like a phone problem?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have tried in multiple locations where i know there isnt any issues.

speaking to a colleague who has had the same phone for only 3 weeks seems to have the same problem (just starting).

not a clue what is happening

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
I've had my S3 for 3 months and no problems. I suggest you get the phone checked out.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6