cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block mode

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Ever since my Samsung Galaxy S3 updated in April, my phone has gone mad. My sound notifacations do not work unless I turn block mode off, and my battery takes ages (and I mean AGES) to charge. I know a few other people have had issues with their battery, and sending it off is not an option as I don't have another phone to use. If I backup and reset the phone to factory settings am I possibly going to at least solve the notifacation issue? I can always get a new battery from ebay.

I need to turn block mode on as I only want certain people to be able to contact me.

Any help is appreicated.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

When this mode is enabled notifications for selected features will be disabled. You will only receive notifications of incoming calls from people on your allowed list.

To enable and use this feature:

1. Go to "Setting" App

2. Tap on "Blocking Mode" and make sure it is enabled

3. On the "Feature" section, choose to disable incoming calls, notifications, alarm and timer

4. on the "Set Time" section, choose the time of enabling blocking mode

5. on the "Allowed contacts" section, choose the allowed contacts list.

So, Blocking Mode is doing what it is supposed to, you turn off notifications so you wont get any notifications when you have Blocking Mode on. I guess you could leave notifications enabled (see step 3 above) but I dont know how that will affect anything from people who you havent explicitly named in the "Allowed contacts" section.

As for your battery, find out the best battery for your phone and buy one from Amazon or Ebay. What are you using to charge the phone though? Are you plugging into the Mains or into a USB port on a computer? See if you can find a BlackBerry Playbook charger...it charges EVERYTHING super fast!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

When this mode is enabled notifications for selected features will be disabled. You will only receive notifications of incoming calls from people on your allowed list.

To enable and use this feature:

1. Go to "Setting" App

2. Tap on "Blocking Mode" and make sure it is enabled

3. On the "Feature" section, choose to disable incoming calls, notifications, alarm and timer

4. on the "Set Time" section, choose the time of enabling blocking mode

5. on the "Allowed contacts" section, choose the allowed contacts list.

So, Blocking Mode is doing what it is supposed to, you turn off notifications so you wont get any notifications when you have Blocking Mode on. I guess you could leave notifications enabled (see step 3 above) but I dont know how that will affect anything from people who you havent explicitly named in the "Allowed contacts" section.

As for your battery, find out the best battery for your phone and buy one from Amazon or Ebay. What are you using to charge the phone though? Are you plugging into the Mains or into a USB port on a computer? See if you can find a BlackBerry Playbook charger...it charges EVERYTHING super fast!

Message 2 of 2