cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery on HTC One mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hd this phone for a week now and notice the battery life is pretty poor. Was wondering if someone could explain what phone idle is in the usage stats. Overnight with wifi off , screen dimmed etc I lose about 40% on the battery. In the usage it sys phone idle 76%. Any one know what this means and is there any way to lower that figure

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further to the posts of a while ago. Battery is still draining badly. I dont play games , use twitter , lidsten to music , just check facebook first thing in the morning only. Last night put phone on airplane mode at 10pm battery was 95% , checked this morning at 7am , battery was at 83%. Is 12% over that period of time on airplane mode normal.at 7 this morning it was at 83 , so far today I have sent 1 message and no recieved or dailed calls and battery is now at 55% , time is 13.48 so nearly 30% in 5 hours with virtually no usage. Is this normal , phone never seems to be off charger.

Message 11 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
No, that sounds excessive.
The fact that it has used so much in Airplane mode suggests that something is keeping the phone awake and not allowing it to deep sleep.
What is showing as high usage in the battery stats page?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5 , battery usage is android system 83% , everything else is 4% or lower

Message 13 of 33

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

I guessed it would be...
You're gonna have to do a factory reset, I guess, unless you can identify which app or part of the system is keeping the phone awake.
The check if it's a system app, you need to turn on airplane mode, then reboot (leave it in airplane mode). Leave it overnight again and see if it has drained more or less.
If less, it's likely to be an app you've installed. If more (or still high) it's a system app that you have no control over.

Another thing to check is if sync has got stuck (look for a sync showing "sync has problems, will be back shortly" and also your HTC backup might not be still logged in, causing a sync issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I will try the reboot tonight with airplane mode and see what happens tomorrow. I have autosync turned off so I am guessing its an app i have installed but not sure which one. Will post again with results tomorrow morning

Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

So set phone on airplane mode , rebboted at 10pm last night. checked at 9am this morning at from 75% had dropped 2% to 73 so its certainly an app I have installed. now doing a reset and will install no apps for a day or so to see what happens

Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi teac532

Can I please ask do you have tugo?

If you do, from time to time tugo doesn't disconnect a call correctly so it drains battery and uses significant data. Doesn't do it to everyone but it has happened to me before. I find tugo uses around 14% of my total battery use
Message 17 of 33

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Sounds like you're getting somewhere....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , no tugo jus have it factory reset now and getting it charged to 100% with just the default apps. At that stage I will monitor it and see if there is still a bad drain. If so then back to the shop it will go

Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

So , got to 100% charge at 3.45 this afternoon. As I type it is 6.45 and I have had a few calls and text messages and wifi on and phone is at 90%. This is a hell of a lot better , just need to figure what app is causing the drain and leave it off in future

Message 20 of 33