cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life - Can It Be Improved

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question for the group.

I have a SG Note 3 which I have had for about 9 months. It was a refurbished device from o2 and has o2 bloatware installed.

Over the months the amount of use I can get from the handset "appears" to have reduced. Typically I am charging it 1.5 to 2 times per day. That said I do hammer it. It gets a lot of use.

So my question is: would getting a new Samsung Original battery improve things or is it just the way it is?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please. 😃😃
Message 1 of 88
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
I would flash it and there are very few, if any, risks.
The only consideration you need have is that your new firmware must be a higher level than your old - this will preserve your Knox integrity and hence warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Easy.

Sell it and by an iPhone 6 plus. 😉
Message 2 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Easy.

Sell it and by an iPhone 6 plus. 😉

I've seen better potential solutions from an o2 live chat employee 

Thinking

Message 3 of 88

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
First question (there may be a few), what does it drain overnight on airplane mode?
Charge it to 100% turn on airplane mode and reboot then leave it until the morning and tell me what it's charge level is pls.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously tho yes a new battery may help depending on how many times the recharge cycle has been carried out on the older battery.

Their are tips regarding turning this and that off but I personally like to use as many features as possible.

One tip someone told me was to turn the % sign off and enjoy the phone.

If your hammering the phone then it's probably acceptable to have to top the battery up during the day.
Message 5 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will do try that Rich but I can say that if it is fully charged before I go to bed it rarely uses more than about 4% over night. It is connected to wifi overnight.
Message 6 of 88

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I will do try that Rich but I can say that if it is fully charged before I go to bed it rarely uses more than about 4% over night. It is connected to wifi overnight.

Prob battery is fine then but let's start there - that o2 firmware could also be a problem.

Message 7 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 firmware as in the device or o2 bloatware?

I have considered flashing the device and putting pure Android on it and getting rid of the o2 bloatware
Message 8 of 88

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 firmware as in the device or o2 bloatware?

Bloatware is part of the firmware and unlikely to have all the latest Sammy tweaks on board either.

Message 9 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
So in your humblest of opinions Rich would I be advised to flash it to pure Android and in doing so what is the risk?
Message 10 of 88