cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Repair Centre Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody else experienced this.  My HTC One X has been doing some very odd things - randomly selecting apps and generally acting as if its got a mind of its own.  I took it to the O2 shop who recommened that I put it in for repair.  The repair centre contacted me and told me the screen was cracked and that I should pay them £149.99 to fix. The problem is the screen was not broken when I gave it to the O2 shop.  

I have now had 3 phone calls with various O2 people, and have received the same level of obfiscation and biligerance - its not their fault that a screen that was not broken when I handed the phone to them is now broken and if I want to the phone back I should pay them for fixing my phone that they broke.

There is something not right here.  

Just saying.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Then go back to the store concerned and say how did the screen get broken between them and the repair company and you want a free of charge repair done.

If they will not play ball then use the complaints process above.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You might have to make a complaint to get this sorted out and we can't make any judgement here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

If you're going to use words like obfuscation and belligerence there is a spell checker built into the forum to help you get them right. Horrified

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you searched the forum you would see that o2 repair service is not recommended on here.

Get your phone back and contact HTC directly, always best option.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Perskie. First time user, and missed the spellcheck feature. My bad.

Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Iain62 do you have proof it was in an unbroken condition (screen) when sent, were there any comments made by o2 when you sent it off?

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. If I don't get anywhere I will do just that.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
adamtemp64, yes just minor scratches on the back of the phone noted,
Message 7 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Then go back to the store concerned and say how did the screen get broken between them and the repair company and you want a free of charge repair done.

If they will not play ball then use the complaints process above.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I was very surprised that when returning an item for repair it was removed from the original protective packaging and I was told it wasn't necessary.

Not impressed at all if they do that for everything and it's not surprising if kit gets damaged.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9