Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android user not receiving texts from iphone users

Gozzeh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had no troubles receiving texts from android and windows phone users but for some reasons texts have recently stopped arriving from iphone users. I've always had an android phone (well actually I had a couple of non-smart phones priort to owning an android) so its not the imessage problem. Does anyone have a clue why O2 is refusing to deliver me sms messages OR why ios is refusing to send them to me? This started happening a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that I had no problems.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check that either of you have not accidently added your numbers to any blocking lists.
Message 2 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147059 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28285 Solutions
Does this happen from every iPhone or just one?
If everyone it won't be a blocked number issue and I would look at a sim swap as the first thing to try.....
SwapMySim Procedure.
If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one.
This is the same is a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.
Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.
If your newly sent SIM card is a Nano sized version then another alternative if O2 have not supplied a SIM card adapter kit with it, is to pick this free adapter kit up from any O2 Store ,or order a set for a small fee from one of the auction sites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Could be a new feature to stop them conversing with the likes of us.
I jest, but.....
Message 4 of 23

MI5
  • 147059 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28285 Solutions
Could be yet another iOS 8 bug wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Feature rich, the word is "feature"
Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 147059 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28285 Solutions
Of course... Maybe Android will get that "feature" in a couple of years time wink
Message 7 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124291 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Of course... Maybe Android will get that "feature" in a couple of years time wink

Can't wait for this feature.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

You say it isn't an imessage problem, but you say the messages have recently stopped being recieved? Does that mean that they can see yours, just that you aren't getting the replies? Sounds like they might be sending you imessages, but obviously yours are being sent as standard texts and are therefore visible to them?

If any of your friends have recently upgraded their iphones, they might have clicked some setting to automatically send all messages as imessages or something?

Message 9 of 23

Gozzeh
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There are at least 2 different iphones that I have not been receiving messages from.  I've checked and they aren't sending message via iMessage (that was my thought too).  I've just rebooted my phone and performed a test and I've still not received the text ...

Very strange, I'll get in contact with O2 and see if I can get a new SIM ...

Message 10 of 23