Did you mean: 

Android 4.3 Update - S3, S4, S4 Mini & Note II

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi All,

Many of you have been asking about the much anticipated Android 4.3 update for several key Samsung devices – Including the S3, S4, S4 Mini & Note II. As with all updates we have an in-depth and rigorous testing procedure to ensure the update is seamless and provides a perfect user experience.

What are some key updates in Android 4.3?

-              Lower latency input for gamepad buttons and joysticks

-              Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support - display song names on a car stereo

-              OpenGL ES 3.0 - Android now supports the latest version of the industry standard for high performance graphics

-              Official support for the Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch > http://accessoryshop.o2.co.uk/search?query=galaxy+gear

How do I get this Android 4.3 update?

Sometimes these updates are available via Samsung KIES before they are available OTA (over the air). To update via KIES, please visit this Samsung link which contains a download button to get the KIES desktop software as well as simple steps on how to install and update > http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/SWUP/JSP

Once the update arrives OTA, you can download this by going to Settings > General > About > Software Update > Update. This may differ very slightly depending on your device or software build.

Android 4.3 availability break-down

Galaxy S4 – The 4.3 update is now live via the Samsung KIES PC application. Connect your phone via USB, open KIES and check for updates. The S4 OTA update is also live and will be pushed out in batches from the date it went live on KIES - If you don't have the OTA update yet, consider updating via KIES instead.

Galaxy S4 Mini – The latest 4.2.2 update has been available via Samsung KIES since November 30th and should be available to all O2 handsets by connecting and updating via KIES. The OTA update will be released in batches over the coming weeks. Though this particular update doesn’t include the same changes as the above 4.3 update, it does bring with it official support for the Galaxy Gear Smartwatch. Android 4.3 may come to this device in the future, but we currently have no further details on this. We’ll let you know if/when that changes, however.

Galaxy S3 – We have received this update from Samsung and after our rigorous testing, has been approved and passed to Samsung for release. We hope for this to begin pushing out to O2 handsets over the coming week or two (hopefully before the end of the month) so keep your eyes peeled on your update screen. We'll let you know if there are any unforeseeable issues or delays that crop up.

Note II – The 4.3 update for the Note II is now live for OTA updates. This will be roll out in batches over the next few weeks so this update may not be available to you immediately. If you have an O2 branded Note II and don't see this update, I'd recommend connecting manually to KIES and checking for updates this way.

Thank you for your patience in awaiting this update - we know some of you have been eagerly awaiting receiving it or further information around it.

Are you looking forward to the update? If you’ve already been able to update to 4.3 via KIES, what do you think? The biggest change with the 4.3 update is that it supports Samsung’s Galaxy Gear Smartwatch – Something only the Note 3 supported previously. Will this update make you think about trying out wearable technology anytime soon?

Edit Log:

2:22pm 18th Dec - Updated availability news for the Note II

3:52pm 19th Dec - Updated OTA availability for the S4

11:25am 21st Jan - Updated Galaxy S3 section

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 396
395 REPLIES 395

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Wow, that's good to see. Fantastic

Information about updates is the one thing we're always stuck on when answering queries.

Will these updates now become a regular feature?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 396

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 396

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

perksie wrote:

Will these updates now become a regular feature?

I shall certainly try my best perksie.

It gives an impression of why these events sometimes take a while and as you say, educates you on how they work. Glad to hear its useful!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 396

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Oh no not him again lol

"Note II – We are currently in discussion with Samsung around bringing this update to you. We assure you it will happen, but we currently don’t have any rough dates like we do for the above devices. Again I will ensure this post is updated as and when this changes and I’ll continue to monitor progress"

This is the latest info from o2 as of yesterday, can you tell me today if anything has changed or are you still in discussion with Samsung over this JB 4.3 update??

The reason I'm asking this is because at this moment in time my o2 SG Note 2 is downloading an OTA update of JB 4.3 ( 682.09MB )

It will be interesting to see your reply lol

iechyd da

Message 5 of 396

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Oh no not him again lol

Had a feeling you'd be rocking up sometime when I saw the release on Sammobile Whistle

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 396

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh be nice to him mun lol Smiley Surprised

I spend next to no time with my phone these days hence not been around but it seems silly to me for o2 to say they are talking to Samsung about JB 4.3 update yesterday and it's downloading on my Note 2 now and just had a look around and a lot of o2 customers with Note 2 are reporting the same or they are using it already, that does always baffle me tongue

Message 7 of 396

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will notice I hadn't commented previously on this thread wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 396

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know lol
Message 9 of 396

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Paul,

You should be able to update to 4.3 on your Note II right now slight_smile

The OP will be updated soon.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 396