Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 for sony xz3

KotRuchacz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any idea if the latest android 10 for unblocked xz3 will finally arrive from O2 after 6 months or closer to Christmas?
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@KotRuchacz 

O2 won't be blocking anything, but if your phone came from O2 the software updates will have to be tested and approved by O2 before they get pushed out to your phone.

If you bought elsewhere, such as Carphone Warehouse,, you will get updates directly from Sony.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@KotRuchacz 

Are you running o2 firmware?

if so, @Chris_K  is the man to ask. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I've got an O2 XZ3 and got the update about a week ago and have nothing but bugs in the system
Message 3 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My phone got latest everything to date apart of android 10. What the hell is o2 software? It is sony software being upgraded, why o2 is blocking it with their software whatever that is.
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@KotRuchacz 

O2 won't be blocking anything, but if your phone came from O2 the software updates will have to be tested and approved by O2 before they get pushed out to your phone.

If you bought elsewhere, such as Carphone Warehouse,, you will get updates directly from Sony.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you sir.
I bought from carphone warehouse. Will wait for sony then.
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@KotRuchacz 

Sony have released the update so keep checking.

It may appear sooner on Xperia companion https://www.androidcentral.com/android-10-update-starts-hitting-sony-xperia-xz3-and-xz2-series-phone...

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had companion installed and software was not there. Then I researched Google and ended up here as read that it's up to O2 to release it. So here I was told its sony so looks like I will wait till summer, maybe Christmas to get android 10 when 11 will be out... 👌
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

It's released in batches by serial number @KotRuchacz 

It's out there so you should get it soon.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

KotRuchacz
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The best part is that the phone under software settings is saying: Software version is controlled by your operator. A notification is sent when an update becomes available. And above it stays that the latest software is android 10...
Message 10 of 15