cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absurd Unprofessional Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my02 there is a link to unlock my phone, I click on it and submit the request only to get a text 24 hours later saying I can't but they'll send an email with a further explanayion, That email tells me its because I don't have an i-phone (well done 02, good observation skills) and that I should go back to my02 and resubmit the request. Guess what, I get an error message telling me that I can't complete the request as one has already been made. Ok so I re-read the email which tells me to email them at mycare@02mail.co.uk. I do this only to get a futher email saying they have closed this service - aaaaaagh! Ok we'll try live chat but its busy. Does anyone at 02 actually follow the customer's journey, apparently not.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What phone do you have and where did you get it from?
It may not actually be locked (usual scenario for strange error messages) have you tried another sim in it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Agreed that the service is a little disjointed @Anonymous, but as stated above some phones are not locked in the first place.
Try another sim and see what happens - if you get signal it is not locked, if you get an error than you will need to try again.
Further help here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3