cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9515 s4 can't play bbc sport app or iplayer videos after 5.01 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
9515 s4 can't play bbc sport app or iplayer videos after 5.01 update.

Apparently a known andriod 5 bug as the baseband version is too low. Bbc say baseband version needs to end in 7 or higher to work. Other none bbc vids do work.

Any chance an update or patch?

Also if the power save mode is on now you only seem to have 2 seconds to type the lock code on. I think this was overridden on the 4.4.2 version. Please can it be overidden again? As its an s4 so i need to have power saving on like, all the time.....
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Without knowing exactly why, it's difficult to say....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I downloaded Hola  here so I could use the web based versions of the bbc iplayer and itv player. Maybe try that?

Message 12 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Love hola, use it to get into the Samsung Gear vr oculus store for the USA, much better selection at good old $rates
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies guys (that was quick!) but viridis and mi5 i don't believe i the same as Skygo at all. I beleive that was Sky messing around restricting different versions of phones from running their app for piracy reasons. I don't beleive the bbc is doing this.

Instead this is an google accepted bug in andriod which i believe the bbc have reported to them and google have acepted and patched within andriod (in basebands end in 7 or later). So i think the bbcs postion is they shouldn't have to work around an andriod bug that is already patched.

Either way it leaves me rather stuck until an o2 update is released for the 9515 s4. I'll continue to check back here periodically for any updates.
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry forgot to tag people in the above comment so reposting.

Thanks for the replies guys (that was quick!) but @viridis and @MI5 i don't believe its the same as Skygo. I believe that was Sky messing around restricting different versions of phones/andriod versions from running their app for piracy reasons. I don't believe the bbc is doing this.

Instead this is an google accepted bug in andriod which i believe the bbc have reported to them and google have acepted and patched within andriod (in basebands ending in 7 or later). So i think the bbcs postion is they shouldn't have to work around an andriod bug that is already patched. The bbc apps worked with the same phone using 4.4.2 so it looks like the problem is certainly andriod itself.

Either way it leaves me rather stuck until an o2 update is released for the 9515 s4. I'll continue to check back here periodically for any updates. Hopefully @Chris_K can give me some good news soon!

Message 15 of 15