Did you mean: 

5G simcard issues

StuartG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 + and previously had a 4G sim card in with no issues regarding reception. I now have had a 5G sim card installed and I'm lucky if I get 1 bar of signal. I have tried to contact O2 to no avail. I need to get this sorted as I'm an engineer who does a lot for the NHS and need the phone to be working. I have reset the phone, removed and reinstalled sim card but still the same issue, any Ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@StuartG It may be a faulty sim. If you have an O2 store nearby, call in and they will swap it for another for you. Alternatively, you'll need to call customer service to get another sim sent to you.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Use Lost/Stolen or Fraud option to get through.

Also below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Does the phone show 4G or 5G in the notification bar at the top?
It might be it is trying to connect to a weak 5G signal.
You can change the preference for which type of signal to connect to under settings > mobile networks > Network mode.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @StuartG, how are you getting on with this since you last posted? Any progress with your 5G sim issue or are you still struggling with it? Let us know if you need any further help.

Message 4 of 10

StuartG
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Nothing has changed, still very poor signal and lucky to get 2 bars on my phone. I have moved over to esim now thinking that may help but no improvment with that either. I'm not sure if O2 can help in any way but I have tried to contact O2 to no avail. I have switched of the 5G as I get nothing or very rarely do I see 5G pop up. I am thinking of contacting (trying to contact O2) to cancel my contract as I am a front line engineer who does a lot for the NHS and need the unlimited data to download manuals and firmware for computer equipment.

Message 5 of 10

StuartG
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm lucky if I get 4G at all. I have turned the 5G off as I think I have only ever seen 5G come up on my phone once.

Message 6 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with this @StuartG . I'll tag in our Gurus @O2Georgina and @O2Daniel just in case they would be able to take a closer look for you? slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks for the tag @Marjo. @StuartG I will private message you, so we can go into the account and look into things a little further slight_smile
signature
Message 8 of 10

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
We looked into this further, and upon investigations, we came to the conclusion we had to raise further investigations to look at getting this issue resolved.
signature
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the update @O2Daniel , fingers crossed!

Message 10 of 10