cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g does not work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.
For the lat two weeks ive had problems with my phone. Originally i could not access data and calls dropped. After speaking to customer services, i was told there was a mast fault. When they fixed it i got everything back, apart from 4g. I called o2 again and they did a sim swap on monday. It didnt work.

What happens i: my phone displays 4g but it will not connect to anything. Only 3g works.

I have tried a manual roam, removing the sim, adjusting the settings. And yes, 4g is on.
Up until now it has worked perfectly.
Customer services have said that it needs to go for repair but i have to do a factory reset first to see of that will solve it. However i cannot back up my data as my storage is encrypted. Any ideas on how i can backup everything ( app data, photos, ect) and is there any other solution for the 4g problem.

I am very technical so performing diagnostics wont be a problem.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Before you start messing with your phone, try your sim in another phone that you know works on 4g.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @MI5 , first things first...try your sim in another phone to exclude  sim card fault.also have you tried another o2 sim or know anybody on o2 that can get 4g in your area? Just because the mast has been apparently fixed it doesnt mean everything will be working...

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant test my sim in another phone and if it is the sim then i would have gone through two sims now. Others can get 4g connection.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I cant testmysim in another phone and if it isthesim then i would have gone throughtwosims now. Others canget4g connection.

It might be an account issue so changing sim cards 100 times would never fix it.

Without some basic troubleshooting you could be wasting your time indefinitely.

Surely you can pop into an O2 store and ask them to try your sim in a demo phone for you if you don't know anyone you can ask yourself?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

when u check ur tariff on my o2 what does it say @Anonymous ? And what phone are u using?

Message 6 of 6