Did you mean: 

4G & WiFi Calling coming soon to Pixel 3 devices

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Great news everybody,

As of yesterday the latest update for the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL has started rolling out. The build number is PQ2A.190205.001. This will be a staggered release and we anticipate an approximate 50% saturation by mid-week, with the update hopefully becoming available to all Pixel 3 devices by around the start of next week.

Once you've installed the update, you can find the 4G & Wi-Fi calling options by going into:
Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced

So, keep your eyes peeled Pixel 3 & 3XL owners - you should get the update soon. Let us know how you get on, if you love it, or if you encounter any issues.

PS. To avoid any confusion, a similar update is also coming for the Google Pixel 2 & 2XL, and the original Pixel and Pixel XL, though it won't include the 4G & WiFi calling functionality. Software build numbers as follows:
- Pixel & Pixel XL - PQ2A.190205.003
- Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL - PQ2A.190205.002

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@DarkInformer given O2 don't sell this directly themselves chances are you won't see 4G Calling / WiFi calling on the pixel 4.

Only @Chris_K knows of any plans for any devices but its gone quite quiet on the new devices being provisioned front
Message 11 of 13

A7omicAn7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Any news on whether the Pixel 4 will be getting Wifi Calling? I had this on my Pixel 3, but not showing for the Pixel 4. It is also not showing on my sim as VoLTE. I did have my sim replaced after it was stolen. I also have the option enabled in the My O2 app.

Surely to have wifi calling as a core feature of the provider is false advertising when it is available on so few devices?!

Thanks

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@A7omicAn7 wrote:

Hi,

Any news on whether the Pixel 4 will be getting Wifi Calling? I had this on my Pixel 3, but not showing for the Pixel 4. It is also not showing on my sim as VoLTE. I did have my sim replaced after it was stolen. I also have the option enabled in the My O2 app.

Surely to have wifi calling as a core feature of the provider is false advertising when it is available on so few devices?!

Thanks

@Chris_K?

Message 13 of 13