cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.1.1.A.1.253 firmware update UK ?????????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is there absolutely no date provided by 02 on this?

This is quite ridiculous considering I have a sim free phone.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both unbranded and branded O2 owners are waiting for the update to be supplied which has been available to other carriers for over a month now.  With 2 other updates soon due for the Z are we just to put up with O2s poor turnaround times?   It's just not good enough.  Testing should take no more than 2 weeks so it's a question when O2 get around to sorting it.  O2 are hindering the improvements of an excellent phone. 

Unbranded O2 phones vastly outnumber branded phones and yet they hold it off for the minority.  

I can assure you with O2s slow and lack lustre response regarding updates thousands of Z owners are not happy.  

Poor. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 always test the updates with their apps & other things before they release the update, usually they take ages
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your phone just SIM free or Not Network locked?

If your phone is O2 locked but SIM free then it will have to be O2 who you get the update from.

If it is not network locked then you should be able to get the update via PCC as it's been released for carrier free Z's

As explained above O2 always (for no apparent reason) conduct tests on the firmware to make sure it works with all their apps.

If the carrier free version works ok I personally don't see the reason to test that part. What they are really doing is bloating it up with all the bloatware they have to put on there as they have signed contracts with certain app providers to make sure their apps are on there and that you can't remove them.

You can if you do your research!
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both unbranded and branded O2 owners are waiting for the update to be supplied which has been available to other carriers for over a month now.  With 2 other updates soon due for the Z are we just to put up with O2s poor turnaround times?   It's just not good enough.  Testing should take no more than 2 weeks so it's a question when O2 get around to sorting it.  O2 are hindering the improvements of an excellent phone. 

Unbranded O2 phones vastly outnumber branded phones and yet they hold it off for the minority.  

I can assure you with O2s slow and lack lustre response regarding updates thousands of Z owners are not happy.  

Poor. 

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with u guys

I own a sim free phone i.e  no contract

I just have a o2 sim on it... I called customer support all i got is super rude replies....

Kind of hate the support service of o2 wondering whether to switch to another network... any suggestions...

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with u guys

I just have a o2 sim on it... I called customer support all i got is super rude replies....

Kind of hate the support service of o2 wondering whether to switch to another network... any suggestions...

If your phone is not network locked then it's not O2's problem that you haven't got the update, it is Sony's.

The Xperia Z GB Support page says the firmware is available in the UK so the way forward is to contact SonyMobile.

O2 are notoriously slow with updates and it's not just lil old Z owners that are affected. It's been the case since smartphones came on the market and it's not going to change anytime soon unfortunately.

Message 6 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with u guys

I see you didn't buy a phone from O2 yet you expect them to provide you with updates! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried using the Sony update service here:
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

If your handset is SIM free you should be able to update without waiting for O2's release.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having an 02 sim I did try this and it wouldn't update stating my phone is up to date which it isn't . 

Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's not clear to me if you have a sim free or an O2 phone? Which is it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12