Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted SIM card and top up

Janet26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently bought a new phone from the O2 shop and had my existing o2 pay as you go sim installed with plenty of credit. As part of the sale I had to buy a new pay as you go sim and £10 top of which I have no need for. Is there anyway of getting this money put onto my existing account. This seems very unfair to long term loyal customers . Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is no obligation to add a top up when buying a new phone and the store should have recognised an existing customer and that you didn't want or need a new sim and top up

If they have added the credit to the sim it can't be transferred without explaining the reason to customer service on 4445

If they simply supplied you with a voucher with a 16 digit code then you can use it on the top up line on 4444

Sharp practice by the store!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is no obligation to add a top up when buying a new phone and the store should have recognised an existing customer and that you didn't want or need a new sim and top up

If they have added the credit to the sim it can't be transferred without explaining the reason to customer service on 4445

If they simply supplied you with a voucher with a 16 digit code then you can use it on the top up line on 4444

Sharp practice by the store!

Message 2 of 2