Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Robbed Me

Unhingxd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m stuck with an iPad I “must” pay for now. 

I had an old device I paid off after it was destroyed by police for 0 rightful reason. I called O2 asking to cancel that number/contract for that device. They declined and said I MUST upgrade.

I told them I do not want an upgrade or another device.

The person I spoke to still declined and told me I can only upgrade.

so without a choice he starts listing off suitable devices to match my “current device” which at the time I had an iPhone, Still do too. 

Im forced to upgrade to an iPad that is over  priced, very expensive and I do not want. 

recently I spoke to an O2 manager that said in these exact words.

”once you have paid off a device, you will be able to cancel that contract”

So tell me why the f*ck I was not allowed to cancel my old contract for a device I paid off and am now stuck with this iPad?

for this reason, I’m taking a stand and I WILL NOT be paying for the iPad unless I have money off it. This is clearly a trap and I don’t think it’s legal to be honest. 

So any O2 employees reading, feel free to contact me, Your live chat service hasn’t been working for months, I can never speak to an English person on the phone either.

you can either give me money off the device or you can take it back as I will not be paying for it. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Unhingxd 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Unhingxd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Contact them? You’re having a laugh. Contacting them is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Unhingxd 

Up to you mate, but no one will contact you from your post here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Unhingxd As said, this is a customer community. No one here can help you. Either contact O2 again or lodge a complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Are the police still involved?

Might be prudent to sort this before the debt collectors and courts enter the equation

Maybe you need to take further advice from a solicitor or Citizen's Advice

Ultimately only yourself and customer service can help you with this

Message 6 of 6