O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

15/9, 16:00 - A blog with Q&As just went up

16/9, 15:10 - A few detals have been added to the page

17/9, 10:30 - Added a few more Q&As 

17/9, 16:15 - Added some more questions & their answers 

Q: Where’s the best place to find the latest info about the iPhone 5 on O2?

A: Check out http://j.mp/iPhone5O2 for all the latest information.

Q: How much does iPhone 5 cost?

A: You can have a look at our tariffs and prices for iPhone 5 at http://j.mp/iPhone5O2

Q: Will you be taking pre-orders for the iPhone 5?

A: Yes, you can pre-order iPhone 5 on O2 but stock is limited, so be quick.

Q: When will my iPhone 5 pre-order be delivered?

A: If we get your pre-order before 4pm the day before launch, we’ll get it to you on launch day. The only exception to this will be those customers with an address in the Highlands and Islands.

Q: Which tariffs will the iPhone 5 be available on if I grab one from a store?

A: The iPhone 5 will be available on our On & On 24-months tariff as well as the £63 per month tariff over 24 months.

Q: Is it available on 12 or 18 month tariffs?

A: the iPhone 5 is only available on 24 month tariffs.

Q: I’m at the end of my 12 month Simplicity contract.  Can I upgrade to iPhone 5 online?

A: Yes,  if you are at the end of your contract, you can upgrade to iPhone 5 with online pre-order or on launch day as long as we have the phone in stock.

Q: I’m on 12 month Simplicity but still in contract.  Can I upgrade early and get iPhone 5?

A: If you signed up to the special offer £20 a month On & On Simplicity, you’ll need to wait until after 6 months. All other Simplicity customers still in contract will need to go to an O2 retail shop on launch day, Friday 21 September. You will not be able to upgrade online.

Q: I’m on 30 day Simplicity.  Can I upgrade to iPhone 5 online?

A: If you’ve been with us for 6 months or longer, yes, you can upgrade with online pre-order as long as we have the phone in stock. Head over to o2.co.uk/upgrade

Q: What if I’ve been with O2 for less than 6 months on a Simplicity tariff?  Can I get iPhone 5?

A: It depends on the result of your last credit check. If you don’t see the option to pre-order via o2.co.uk/upgrade give us a call.

Q: Why are your Retail store iPhone 5 prices different to your Online/Telesales prices?

A: When you buy iPhone from O2’s website or through our call centres you will be buying it from Carphone Warehouse (O2 will be acting as an agent for Carphone Warehouse).  Carphone Warehouse set their own price for the iPhones we sell on their behalf, so prices may be different when compared to O2 Retail stores.

Q: Is the iPhone 5 available on Pay & Go?

A: Yes – you’ll be able to buy iPhone 5 from O2 on launch day.

Q: Is there a Fast Track Upgrade option available for existing customers?

A: Existing customers can pay to end their contract early, however the cost will vary depending on your contract. Call us to discuss this further.

Q: How do I find out if I’m eligible for an upgrade?

A: Pay Monthly customers can upgrade early depending on their tariff. Find out your upgrade date by texting UPGRADE to 21602. Or check on MyO2 or the My O2 app on your smartphone.

Q: How do I get a nano sim?

A: One will come with the iPhone when you get it from O2 – if you’re buying from elsewhere you’ll be able to get one from us from Monday afternoon (17th September).

Q: What if I get an iPhone 5 from somewhere else? How do I get a nano sim?

A: You’ll need to pick a nano sim up from one of our stores from Monday afternoon (17th September).Remember – you won’t need to do this if you’re getting your iPhone 5 from O2 – we’ll supply a nano sim with it automatically.

Q: Can I buy iPhone 5 on O2, unlock it and use it on another network?

A: We won’t unlock iPhone 5 at this time. This is to make sure that genuine O2 customers get iPhone 5 on O2.

Q: Can I get cash for my old phone?

A: Yes, with O2 Recycle, your old phone could be worth up to £260. And do your bit for people and planet with Think Big. Get a quote today and post your old phone once you get your new iPhone. The quote’s valid for up to 14 days.  Find out how much yours is worth at http://www.o2recycle.co.uk

You can find all stores here: http://o2.asymmetry.co.uk/

12/09/12 - Like the look of the new iPhone 5?

So do we – that’s why it’s coming to O2. More details to come over the next few days - keep checking back here for more...

13/09/12 - If you want to keep up to date with all the iPhone 5 news? Register for updates at http://j.mp/O2iPhone5

14/09/12 (10:30) - Pre-orders will be live from later today! (including info around tariffs & prices)

14/09/12 (11:50) - Looking to buy iPhone 5? See what our in-store prices will be when it goes on sale at http://j.mp/OulVwJ

14/09/12 (19:15) - Want some great news? Existing O2 customers can now pre-order the iPhone 5. Visit http://www.o2.co.uk/upgrades to get yours!

Message 1 of 1,309
1,308 REPLIES 1,308

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you live? As long as it's not one of the places O2 have stated wont receive launch date deliveries, then you'll get it tomorrow. 

The iPhone 5s are already in the UK and have been for a few days. If your myO2 Order Status says 'In Progress', then check back later tonight and it'll have a tracking number at the bottom once you click on your order number. 

slight_smile

Message 1231 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, Poole O2 don't have any nano sims yet and Bournemouth won't let me have one.

I really hope that the switch over doesn't take too long tomorrow.

At least Poole have confirmed that they will let me buy it on payg...though the guy gave me thespeech about needing to queue early.  yeeees, I am aware I can't waltz in at 10 am lol!

Message 1232 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Bournemouth are mistaken. Take a print off of your Apple online receipt with you proving you have purchased an iPhone 5. They should give you one then. 

Alternatively, have you tried CastlePoint? 

Message 1233 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 Bournemouth are mistaken. Take a print off of your Apple online receipt with you proving you have purchased an iPhone 5. They should give you one then. 

Alternatively, have you tried CastlePoint? 

I haven't ordered from Apple, I am queuing up tomorrow in Poole to buy payg and will put my contract sim in it. They said it shouldn't be a problem to get a monthly nano sim with my payg phone tomorrow ( I hope) but I just wanted to get it done today before the meltdown tomorrow.

I suppose at least I will have the payg sim to allow me to play with my phone until the contract sim swaps over. I used to be a Brownie though and still like to follow the always be prepared rule that we had...I don't however always carry string, a safety pin and 10p in my pocket anymore!

Message 1234 of 1,309

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iphone is on way for next day delivery

Status
Collected
At Sortation Facility
In Transit
At Delivery Depot
Out For Delivery
Delivered
Parcel No Senders Ref Consignment Post Code Collected Date Service Delivery Status
 1550 5747 7xxxxxxxxx MS-100501400 5747715xxx  20 Sep 2012 parcel - dpd next day Your parcel has been collected from the sender
Message 1235 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay finally have a tracking number with dpd for next day delivery 😃

Message 1236 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable
I swapped to a nano sim yesterday and have it in my iPhone 4 (in the adapter) good to go for the 5 tomorrow!
Message 1237 of 1,309

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi amy glad you got yout tracking number, dpd will give a 1 hour slot tommorrow

Message 1238 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still unsure whether to go to O2 in the morning for my payg phone (much easier for me) or to drive all the way to Southampton Apple store.

I'm guessing I'd need to leave latest 3 to go to Southampton to get in the queue by 4 but I just don't know if O2 are going to turn round and not sell me a payg tomorrow.

what do people think I should do? Is anyone going to Southampton?

Message 1239 of 1,309

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It'd be very easy to offer Fast Track Upgrades and pretty much guarantee that everyone who's currently in contract with O2 and wanting an iPhone5, will stay with O2. Think about it, everyone who queued up and got the iPhone 4S on the release day last year will still be locked into their contract right now, and they are the most likely people to be queueing up again early tmoro, so why not make up our minds and help us to help you?

O2 are a business. If you have 6 months left on your contract, fast track upgrade and then take out a 2 year contract, you as the customer think "they've got me for another 2 years. arent i loyal!!"

O2 on the other hand think "yay, we just nabbed another victim..er...customer for another 2 years! but oh crap, we just lost 6 months contract fee. 6 x 45...£270. bugger.

i shop regularly at asda. If i threaten to run off to tesco...no matter how much i stamp my feet, they arent going to give me a free TV...even if it does mean losing more money in the long run. Just saying wink

I understand what you mean about the 'losing £270 of contract' but I don't see it like that at all. I have been using the Fast Track Upgrade every year since the original iPhone to get onto the next one. From a business point of view, its more like I've been on a continous £40 contract for life, and every 12 months they get a bonus £100 from my Fast Track. I was happy with that, there are surely many other customers who we're happy with that too, like Joey3f who said he'd been Fast Tracking every year for the past 3 years.

I've never even thought about leaving O2 before because its always helping me to stay. And on my 'life time' contract, it was surely benefiting O2 as well right? Well they're not helping me any more it seems, and at the same time that 2 other carriers have better services to offer (LTE) thats not exactly great timing

Message 1240 of 1,309