Did you mean: 

Upcoming Community Team changes and a goodbye from me

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good week so far. slight_smile

I’d like to update you all on a couple of Community Team changes coming in the new year!

I'm saying goodbye... Wave

After working on the O2 Community for several years now, I'm both sad and happy to say it’s time for me to move on to other things in January as a new opportunity has come up. I’m super excited as this is a new challenge in my career, but I’m also sad that I’m leaving the O2 Community and the team behind after such a long time.

It’s been an amazing time working in this team, with O2 and especially with you guys here on the community! We’ve come a long way, done so many things together over the years, and I’m sad to miss all the exciting things coming next year! I will miss chatting with all of you every day and hearing how you’re all doing with everything - I'd love to keep in touch so would like to still pop by sometimes to say hello.

... but you'll be in good hands hugging

I’m very proud to say that @Martin-O2 is moving on from his Community Manager position and taking over my role as Head of Community. This is super well deserved and I’m confident that Martin will do great leading the team. Smiley Happy To replace the gap, we’ll be getting a new Community Manager joining Martin and @LukasB in the team and will share more updates on that in the next few weeks.

As I’m handing over to Martin, I’ll still be here supporting the team in the background for a little while during January, but will be less present in the community soon I’m afraid as I start preparing for my new role. At some point you’ll notice my forum role changing to “Former Staff”.

Right now though, I'm still here for a couple of weeks finishing some tasks so not yet fully disappearing. slight_smile As I mentioned above I will miss chatting with you guys so hoping we can keep in touch via PM sometimes!

Cheers

Marjo

Cat paws

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall miss you @Marjo ... thank you for all your help to me in pm's ... please let us know how you are doing including your fabulous 2 cats Arthur and Drake ... we have shared some laughs and you have sent me many hugs and your sound thoughts

Congratulations Marjo on your new job news ... it all seems to be falling into place for you for a forthcoming good start to 2021

@Martin-O2 Congratulations on becoming 'Head Honcho'

With @LukasB the three of you have been a seamless team, working well together for the benefit of us all

See the source image

See the source image

Message 11 of 15

Paul-H
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good luck in your new job 🙂

Message 12 of 15

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is sad yo hear you go @Marjo if fills like we have made friends on here and it will be good to hear from you when pop round. Is your next roll being round with o2 @Marjo?
LGreenwood
Message 13 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys thanks for all the lovely comments hugging I definitely feel like I've made a lot of friends on here over the years so will keep my PMs open so we can keep in touch!

Might pop by some quizzes occasionally too @Mi-Amigo! grin Thanks the cats are definitely now 100% settled in. Let's see what happens though when I get the Christmas tree up (they've never seen one before)... Cat Very Happy Cat Very Happy

@Martin-O2 & @LukasB hugging smiling cool cat sun champagne_glass sunflower heart I have all the confidence that you'll be really amazing (together with our new starter!) and will achieve great things again as a team next year!

@Cleoriff , @gmarkj yeah definitely I really do feel that the off topic and general discussion side of things does balance out the 'help stuff' on a community - brings people together and it's great to have a fun place to relax, have a laugh, and post about your own interests and learn about those of others, discuss what's happening in the world etc. Also a great easy-threshold, lighthearted way for new joiners to participate as well and say hello and I'm hoping that will happen more next year. slight_smile

@jonsie joy I can say for sure that our new joiner is super cool so no need to worry! More news on that soon. wink

@Poppysmum Thanks, I'm sending some love back to you and Rosie! dog 

@Anonymous I'll keep updating you with what mischief Arthur and Drake get up to for sure and would love to hear about your Marty too! Cat 

@MI5 Thanks slight_smile Same to you and keep in touch!

@Paul-H  Cheers, appreciate it! Hope you stick around here on the community and maybe see you next year when I get some time to pop back in. slight_smile 

@Luke30 I'm moving on from working with O2 I'm afraid, although I will remain as an O2 pay monthly customer as well as a member of this community. slight_smile 

Message 14 of 15

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's sad to hear that you are leaving your job with o2 @Marjo and the chats I have had with you have been good and good luck on what ever your new job is going to be and I do hear from you on here again sometime soon. 😢

LGreenwood
Message 15 of 15