Did you mean: 

Upcoming Community Team changes and a goodbye from me

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good week so far. slight_smile

I’d like to update you all on a couple of Community Team changes coming in the new year!

I'm saying goodbye... Wave

After working on the O2 Community for several years now, I'm both sad and happy to say it’s time for me to move on to other things in January as a new opportunity has come up. I’m super excited as this is a new challenge in my career, but I’m also sad that I’m leaving the O2 Community and the team behind after such a long time.

It’s been an amazing time working in this team, with O2 and especially with you guys here on the community! We’ve come a long way, done so many things together over the years, and I’m sad to miss all the exciting things coming next year! I will miss chatting with all of you every day and hearing how you’re all doing with everything - I'd love to keep in touch so would like to still pop by sometimes to say hello.

... but you'll be in good hands hugging

I’m very proud to say that @Martin-O2 is moving on from his Community Manager position and taking over my role as Head of Community. This is super well deserved and I’m confident that Martin will do great leading the team. Smiley Happy To replace the gap, we’ll be getting a new Community Manager joining Martin and @LukasB in the team and will share more updates on that in the next few weeks.

As I’m handing over to Martin, I’ll still be here supporting the team in the background for a little while during January, but will be less present in the community soon I’m afraid as I start preparing for my new role. At some point you’ll notice my forum role changing to “Former Staff”.

Right now though, I'm still here for a couple of weeks finishing some tasks so not yet fully disappearing. slight_smile As I mentioned above I will miss chatting with you guys so hoping we can keep in touch via PM sometimes!

Cheers

Marjo

Cat paws

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

sob

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo 

I will be so sorry to lose you from the forum. Having been here years, I feel we have become friends and shared a lot.

I actually want to say thanks for the way you and others have made Off Topic such an important part of the community.

In the past, it was always a 'Cinderella' option and people who posted there were never held in such high regard as others who answered more technical questions.

It's so different now and we have a lot to thank you for. It really is a place for everyone now.

Delighted about your new job of course but will be really sad to see you go. Stay in touch please

As for @Martin-O2 , congratulations on your promotion. Rest assured we will keep you very busy. joy

Hope to hear news of the new member of staff very soon.

Thanks Marjo, from me, for all your support, particularly over the last few years. It's been much appreciated and welcomed. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo 

I`m sorry that you are leaving the Community.

When I first joined the Community, you helped me when I had problems with payforit and stepped in when the block on unsolicited sms failed. Something which I well remember and am grateful to you.

But that is only one example of your commitment to the Community and its members. You have been helpful, supportive and above all friendly towards everyone and nothing ever seems to be too much trouble. I think I can honestly say you will be missed.

I wish you well in your career move but hope that you will continue to stay in touch with us on the Community. As the old saying goes "Don`t be a stranger".

Congratulations to @Martin-O2 on his promotion and wish him well in his new position.

Please stay in touch. Drop by Off Topic when you can. Keep safe and hope you and the cats are settled in your new home.

heart from @Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck M and stay safe x
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Well there is not much to add to all of those, except that I echo the sentiments and would like to add mine.
As @Cleoriff says you have always promoted the community aspect of this forum, and encouraged it to be more than a simple transactional space - for this thank you.
And as @Mi-Amigo says you have done all of this calmly, respectfully and supportively - so again, thank you.
Please do drop in now and then - I am sure there will be quizzes, word searches and other games to join in with!

Finally congratulations on being the head madman in the asylum @Martin-O2 !

Good luck keeping things running smoothly while the inmates cause all kinds of mayhem and chaos!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 15

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4303 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Best of luck in your new venture @Marjo and keep in touch.

I agree with all that's been said already, - you'll be sadly missed, but would like to congratulate @Martin-O2 on his new position. 

I'm sure you'll both be successful in your future careers.

Message 7 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

The community won't be the same without you @Marjo! Thanks for all your hard work and effort over the years to make this such a wonderful place to work. smiling

You've guided the community through so many positive changes both publicly and behind the scenes and you've left some pretty big boots to fill! sweat_smile 

I wish you all the best in your next position!! cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So sad that you are leaving us @Marjo , albeit for well deserved promotion Fantastic

As for @Martin-O2 , wellIm sure you will keepus in line as well as M has done and congratulations after so manyyears you have put in as Team Manager Mexican Wave

Just hope we don't get a right 'eejit' joining us LOL

Message 9 of 15

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Good Luck Marjo me and Rosiesend lots of love heart

@Marjo wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good week so far. slight_smile

I’d like to update you all on a couple of Community Team changes coming in the new year!

I'm saying goodbye... Wave

After working on the O2 Community for several years now, I'm both sad and happy to say it’s time for me to move on to other things in January as a new opportunity has come up. I’m super excited as this is a new challenge in my career, but I’m also sad that I’m leaving the O2 Community and the team behind after such a long time.

It’s been an amazing time working in this team, with O2 and especially with you guys here on the community! We’ve come a long way, done so many things together over the years, and I’m sad to miss all the exciting things coming next year! I will miss chatting with all of you every day and hearing how you’re all doing with everything - I'd love to keep in touch so would like to still pop by sometimes to say hello.

... but you'll be in good hands hugging

I’m very proud to say that @Martin-O2 is moving on from his Community Manager position and taking over my role as Head of Community. This is super well deserved and I’m confident that Martin will do great leading the team. Smiley Happy To replace the gap, we’ll be getting a new Community Manager joining Martin and @LukasB in the team and will share more updates on that in the next few weeks.

As I’m handing over to Martin, I’ll still be here supporting the team in the background for a little while during January, but will be less present in the community soon I’m afraid as I start preparing for my new role. At some point you’ll notice my forum role changing to “Former Staff”.

Right now though, I'm still here for a couple of weeks finishing some tasks so not yet fully disappearing. slight_smile As I mentioned above I will miss chatting with you guys so hoping we can keep in touch via PM sometimes!

Cheers

Marjo

Cat paws

Message 10 of 15