Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: TU Go is closing 30th November

[ Edited ]

No - I deliberately cut off most of the name in the screen shot, so was not fully displayed.

I've asked in a PM for the reason, but none given yet (other than chat transcripts don't meet the posting guidelines, but I've read those through a couple of times and can't see anything... other than perhaps identifying the staff member, but then, perhaps they ought to use false names).

I suspect it's more the case that it:

a) promises that it will work with the iPhone 5S (contrary to their help page)

b) it says text messages are supported, but at least my understanding is that they are not.

c) says that I will be provided with an alternative.

d) says that it is an upgrade of current capabilities.

e) indicates that they haven't trained their staff.

f) indicates that they haven't understood their customers (then again, this whole thread does that)

[Edit - I've now had the reason, they don't want the whole transcript as it's not useful as they don't think that it contributes to the discussion]

For me, I live in an area with no coverage.  Work requires 2-level authentication to log on, that is done via text message - so no what's app or imessage etc will work.

Highlighted
Anonymous

TuGo

Can't believe TuGo is being discontinued. I work from home and have great Wi fi but needed the App to get text messages due to poor phone signal. This will affect my business! I've been very loyal to O2 and thought this app was great. Hopefully if enough people complain then O2 will listen to their customers and reverse the decision.  

Highlighted
Topics: 543

Re: TuGo

Many complaints on here all ready but any reversal is unlikely unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi - could you please post something - anything - about this 'new & better app'? Give us all some meagre straws to clutch at.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 5: Ponderer

@Anonymous wrote:

[Edit - I've now had the reason, they don't want the whole transcript as it's not useful as they don't think that it contributes to the discussion]

More like they don't want the transcript shown because it's a complete load of dung and it reflects badly on people employed (probably indirectly) by o2.

If you're going to close a well loved service, o2, you need to train your staff to properly inform people what their options are.  Giving false hope that old phones can work with wifi calling is just an outright lie.  

Highlighted
Topics: 561

You can put money on there not being a new and better app! Live chat or advisers making it up again so as to dodge the issue. 

Highlighted
Level 5: Ponderer

@jonsie wrote:

You can put money on there not being a new and better app! Live chat or advisers making it up again so as to dodge the issue. 

What an outageous slur!  There will be a new app!  A better, shinier app!  It's coming soon, honest.  While you're waiting why not open up Priority and get your free graze snackbox?  Yum, yummy nuts and fruit and crud - much more interesting than Tu-whatever-it's-called.  (Runs off whilst you're distracted) 

Highlighted
Anonymous

TU

Why on earth remove TU in November - a very good app which a lot of us rely on in the absence of a decent phone signal - we don't all have the latest (very select) 4G handsets and even if we did the absence of an indoor 3G signal is no help in using our mobiles. 

Change your mind please and keep the app - i really dont want to have to continue to stand in the rain to find a signal to enable me to  use my 3G handset recently purchased from 02 on the basis that Tugo was available. 

Highlighted
Topics: 543

Re: TU

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/TU/Tu-will-end-30th-Nov-2017/m-p/1078922#M13643
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 561

Re: TU