Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please please switch TU back on..... I now cannot get texts in my house and I have to walk around the garden and the phone signal is patchy at best,o2 WiFi is not up to standard so please listen to your customers and switch TU back on ASAP otherwise I will look elsewhere....

Message 851 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous They have no intention of turning it back on as far as we know 

Message 852 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was a O2 customer for a long time and held on to a SIM only monthly contract for 21 pounds for 20 GB data even though out of contract . only reason was I could use TU GO app in weak network areas and aboroad with wifi . Now switched to EE - who are giving better deals . Good bye O2 very poor decision . Don’t think you will get enough revenues from switching off TUGO to offset loss of good customers .
Message 853 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, I'm also planning to move out from O2 and I have been reviewing Three's services.

Did you find any similar add-ons or services with EE? Could you please send me some details?

I have been with O2 for over 10 years and I'm also planning to leave due to the closure of Tu Go.

Message 854 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@AnonymousHere is some info re EE....browse the website and see what you think...

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-wifi-calling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 855 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions
Remember there is no app for EE and wifi calling will only work on phones with EE firmware )broadly speaking) whereas with Three, there is currently an app that you can download on any android or iPhone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 856 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well TuGo finally departed this morning on my machine. So now I have a dreadful Signal with THREE and No Three in Touch as not supported on Windows phone.  I am not a happy person

Message 857 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - mine too.

I get the sign in page on my phone but when I enter my password it comes up in red that it doesn't recognise it.

I tapped the "Forgotten Password" box and you still get sent a 6 digit code - that doesn't bloody well work either.

I've still not received the promised letter from O2 either.

Message 858 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many of you have complained?

How many have you threatened O2 with leaving or involving OfCom.  You need to do it.

Message 859 of 1,062

Frogger
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

How many of you have complained?

How many have you threatened O2 with leaving or involving OfCom.  You need to do it.

I raised high level complaint, as I have coverage issues at home. The escalation team got back to me after a week saying...

1) they would not uphold my complaint because "it was an O2 Board level decision that was not going to be reversed"

2) They pointed out that as I have an Iphone 6s I was OK to use WiFi Calling.

3) They could not help me with texts that do not work with WiFi calling, they suggested I use a 3rd party app. but were not allowed to suggest or recommend one.

4) I raised the issue about people who did not have a compatible phone, they said they were not allowed to discussed any issue other than my own !!!

Yes by all means... lots of people should complain, but I can't see Ofcom getting involved with a 'zero cost' add on service that has been stopped. But you never know.

I am now using WiFi calling (it works well for voice calls), and my texts come through when I take the dog for a walk or I take my phone upstairs at home. With the phone showing Wifi calling the texts come through with the slightest sign of O2 service. However most of my messages are iMessage from another iPhone and they are not affected as they always have worked on WiFi.

Message 860 of 1,062